Chapter 62: Atlantia

Everyone was ready for the examination to be over when we walked into our final exam for History of Magic and frankly I was too. I was basically doing a lot of exams for no reason at all since I wasn't even sure I would stay in this world once Voldemort is gone. The exam was going pretty uneventful like the rest of them when I heard Harry scream. I immediately stood up ready to fight when I saw Harry getting off the floor and bring led out of the Great Hall by Professor Tofty.
"Please return to your exam." Professor Marchbanks said softly, "You only have ten minutes left." I hurried to finish the last few questions before all the exam papers were collected and we were officially done. I walked out of the room with the rest of the Slytherins laughing at the relief that we were done with the O.W.L.s
"I'm glad we don't have to worry about our O.W.Ls till July." Draco said wearily.
"Yeah, and I think these lasts weeks at Hogwarts are going to be a breeze compared to the rest of the year." Pansy agreed. Then their pinned I's began to blink.
"Oh, Professor Umbridge wants to talk to her Inquisitorial Squad. Sorry, Atlantia that we can't spend the day with you." Blaise said apologetic, "Will you be all right?"
"Go on." I said waving my hand, "You don't want to upset Professor Umbridge." They smiled at me before rushing off to find her. I watch them go before turning and beginning to walk to see if Harry was all right. As I was walking close to Professor Umbridge's office a loud crowd was gathered around a corridor and I could hear Ginny saying in an exasperated tone
"That's because it's colorless, but if you want to walk through it, carry on, then we'll have your body as proof for the next idiot who didn't believe us..." I watch as the crowd thinned before long I was the only one here. Now that I could see clearly, I saw Ginny and Luna standing there on guard.
"You know I can spot lies from a mile away." I say smiling as I walked over to them, "So what is really going on? Is there really...what was it called? Garroting gas?"
"That's what I like to know as well." I heard that overly sweet behind me say. I turn and see Professor Umbridge standing there furious.
"Please take care of them." She said to the Inquisitorial members behind her, "Careful with Atlantia since I don't punish the innocent. Just bring her inside so she can see what happens to those who betray me." Draco gently grabbed my arm and softly pulled me toward Professor Umbridge's office with the bigger Slytherins dragging the others behind me. When we approached I could hear shouting and then a crash. Draco pushed the door open and gently guided me in.
"Got 'em all," Warrington said behind me I heard Ron grunt as he was pushed in front of me as were the rest of the people who were a part of this "betrayal"
"That one," He continued pointing at Neville who I noticed was in a choke-hold on the risk of suffocating by Crabbe, "tried to stop me from taking her," he points at Ginny who was being held by Elisa who was a pretty strong girl, "so I brought him along too."
"Good, good." Professor Umbridge said smiling at me, "Atlantia, you will see how futile it is to fight against me and the Ministry. Just follow my orders and I will ensure that you get a great life in the wizarding world." I don't respond except for the glare I placed on my face.
"So, Potter," She said turning to him, "You stationed lookouts around my office and you sent this buffoon." Professor Umbridge nodding to Ron, "to tell me the poltergeist was wreaking havoc in the Transformation department when I knew perfectly well that he was smearing ink on the eyepieces of the school telescopes, Mr. Filch having just informed me so. Clearly it was very important for you to talk to somebody. Was it Dumbledore? Or the Half-breed Hagrid?"
"It's none of your business who I talk to." Harry snarled in reply.
"Very well," Professor Umbridge said in the most dangerously sweet voice I have ever heard, "Very well, Mr.Potter...I offered you a chance to tell me freely. You refused. I have no alternative but to force you. Draco—fetch Professor Snape." I pleaded silently for Draco to refuse but he just let go of my arm and smirked at Harry before walking out the door." It was silent as we waited for Draco to come back. Eventually, we hear the door open and we see Snape enter through the door Draco was holding.
"You wanted to see me, Headmaster," Snape said with an indifferent expression when he noticed the different students struggling.
"Ah, Professor Snape," Professor Umbridge said smiling, "Yes, I would like another bottle if Veritaserum, as quick as you can, please."
"You took my last bottle to interrogate, Potter." He said observing her cooly, "Surely you did not use it all? I told you three drops would be sufficient."
Umbridge flushed at that, "You can make some more can't you?"
"Certainly," Snape replied, "It takes a full moon cycle to mature, so I should have it ready for you in around a month time."
"A month?" squawked Professor Umbridge clearly furious, "A month? But I need it this evening Snape! I have just found Potter using my fire to communicate with a person or persons unknown!"
"Really?" Snape said finally showing a little interest, "Well it doesn't surprise me. Potter has never shown any inclination to follow school rules."
"I wish to interrogate him," Professor Umbridge shouted angry, "I wish you to provide me with a potion that will force him to tell the truth."
"I have already told you," Snape said not rattled by her anger, "that I have no further stocks of Veritaserum. Unless you wish to poison Potter—And I assure you I would have the greatest sympathy with you if you did—I cannot help you. The only trouble is the most venoms act too fast to give the victim much time for truth telling..."
"You're on probation." Professor Umbridge shrieked startling Snape, "You are being deliberately unhelpful. I expected better,Lucius Malfoy always speaks most highly of you! Now get out of my office!" Snape stared at her before giving a mocking bow and making his way out of the office.
"He's got Padfoot!" Harry shouted, "He's got Padfoot at the place where's it hidden."Snape stopped in his place.
"Padfoot?" Professor Umbridge asked eagerly, "What is Padfoot? Where what is hidden? What does he mean,Snape?"
"I have no idea," Snape said turning to face Harry, "Potter, when I want nonsense shouted at me I shall give you a Babbling beverage. And Crabbe loosen your hold a little, if Longbottom suffocates, it will mean a lot of tedious paperwork and I am afraid I shall have to mention it on your reference if you ever apply for a job." Snape then shut the door behind him and footsteps could be heard going down the hall.
"Very well," Professor Umbridge said staring at the closed door, "Very well...I am left with no alternative...This is more then a matter of school discipline...This is an issue of Ministry security...Yes...yes..." She seemed to be mumbling to herself before looking up at Harry with a sinister smile on her face. "You are forcing me,Potter...I do not want to but sometimes circumstances justify the use...I am sure the Ministry will understand that I had no choice...The Cruciatus Curse ought to loose your tongue."
"No, " Hermione shrieked, "Professor Umbridge—its illegal—The Ministry wouldn't want you to break the law, Professor Umbridge."
"What Cornelius doesn't know won't hurt him."Professor Umbridge responded unconcern, "He never knew I ordered dementors after Potter last summer, but he was delighted to be given the chance to expel him, all the same..."
"It was you," Harry gasped, "You sent the Dementors after me?"
"Somebody had to act," Professor Umbridge breathed as her wand was placed close to Harry's forehead, "They were are bleating about silencing you somehow—discrediting you —but I was the only one who did something about it...Only you wiggled out of that one, didn't you, Potter? Thanks to her." She spat in my direction, "Not today though, not now..."
"If you utter that spell, I will make good on my threat and I don't care what these people think of me after that." I say stepping up.
"Atlantia, it is ok." Hermione said crying out, "We have to tell her. She won't stop threatening us otherwise." I looked at her shocked.
"Well, well, well," Profesor Umbridge said pleased, "Little Miss Question-All is going to give us some answers! Come on the girl, Come on then girl."
"I'm—I'm sorry everyone," Hermione said crying but only I could tell she was faking it, "But—I can't stand it—"
"That's right, that's right, girl," Professor Umbridge said shoving Hermione into a chair.
"Now then...with whom was Potter communicating just now?"
"Well," Hermione said drying her fake tears, "well he was trying to speak to Dumbledore." I saw everyone instantly stop resisting their captors and stare at Hermione in shock which I took to know she was telling a lie.
"Dumbledore? You know where Dumbledore is?" She asked excited.
"Well...no" Hermione said. "We've tried the Leaky Cauldron in Diagon Alley and the Three broomsticks and even the Hog's Head..."
"Idiot girl, Dumbledore won't be sitting in a pub when the whole Ministry's looking for him.," Professor Umbridge shouted very annoyed.
"But...But we needed to tell him something important." Hermione wailed putting her head in her hands. I was very impressed with her acting skills.
"Yes," Professor Umbridge said the excitement returning to her voice, "What was it you wanted to tell him?"
"We...we wanted to tell him it's ready." Hermione choked out.
"What's ready?" Umbridge demanded, "What's ready girl?"
"The...the weapon," Hermione said timidly.
"Weapon? Weapon?" Umbridge repeated excited, "You have been developing some method of resistance? A weapon you could use against the Ministry? On Professor Dumbledore's orders,of course."
"Yes," Hermione gasped, "But he had to leave before it was finished and n-n-now we've finished it for him and we c-c-can't find him t-t-to tell him!"
"What kind of weapon is it?" Umbridge demanded.
"We don't r-r-really understand it. P-P-Professor Dumbledore just told us to build it and it would be used by A-A-Atlantia."
"Atlantia you knew of this?" Umbridge said turning to me.
"She didn't know anything about it." Hermione quickly cried out, "It was only built for her and Dumbledore would recruit her later."
"Well, then lead me to this weapon but let's take along Atlantia and Harry. Draco and the rest of you guard the rest of this lot." Professor Umbridge said grabbing my arm and pulling me with her. "But know if you are lying, you won't like what I would do." With that she pushed Hermione and Harry in front of her while dragging me by the arm out the door.

The Granddaughter of VoldermortOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara