Chapter 45: Atlantia

The next morning I awoke with a start having had a vision/nightmare. It was startling to say the least but now that I am awoke, I realize I have no recollection of the vision which has never happened to me. I shake it off and step into the shower to perhaps relieve the tension that was placed in my shoulders by this vision I have no memory of. I quickly dress after the shower into some black leggings, a moss green crop top, and matching heels. I do not understand why I feel more confident and comfortable in heels but it is something that I discovered now that I was in a new world or not so new world now. I stepped out in the common room to find Draco, Blaise, Crabbe, Goyle, Milliceny, and Pansy all waiting for me.
"Come on sleepyhead." Draco called grinning, "Breakfast is waiting." I smile as I make my way down the stairs. Blaise offers me his hand when I reach the last few steps so I take it and let him lead me out of the Slytherin Dormitory and toward the Great Hall. When we arrive we find that almost everyone is here eating. We find seats near the end closest to the staff table. Everyone immediately begins to serve themselves food. I just serve myself two of the pancakes and summon a cup of coffee.
"Not hungry this morning?" Pansy asked raising an eyebrow. I tended to eat a lot since my powers tended to drain my body of its resources.
I shake my head, "I had a nightmare, well vision, last night. It is troubling to me since I can't remember what the vision was about. It has never happened to me."
"Well you still need to eat." Draco said taking a bite of his sausage.
"I know. I'll eat more a lunch but right now I can't stomach it." I say pouring syrup onto my pancakes. If they wanted to say anything, they couldn't with the flock of owls that were coming into the Great Hall. Draco got his normal gift of sweets from his parents but the others including me got nothing. Snape walked up to us a few minutes later holding out out schedules for the year. I wipe my hands before thanking him as I take the piece of parchment. It seems I would not have many free periods this year with my schedule looking like this.
Monday: Herbiology
Double Potions (Combined with Gryffindor)
Lunch
Ancient Runes
Charms
Tuesday: Divination (Combined with Ravenclaw)
Double Defense Against the Dark Arts
Lunch
Care of Magical Creatures (Combined with Gryffindor)
Astronomy
Wednesday: Herbiology
Double History of Magic
Lunch
Arthimacy
Astronomy
Thursday: Double Transformation
Ancient Runes
Lunch
Divination
Free Period
Friday: Care of Magical Creatures
Charms
Arthimacy
Lunch
Free Periods for the rest of the day
I look up from reading my schedule when Draco cries out, "Oh come on."
"What's wrong Draco?" I ask glancing at his schedule.
"We have double History of Magic." He complains, "I can do one hour twice a week but two straight hours."
"I have to agree with Draco." Blaise said looking sadly at his schedule, "I'm not looking forward to Wednesday."
"It may not be too bad." I say getting up to walk back to the Slytherin Dormitory to grab our books. I can see them giving me a look that told me they didn't believe me. We quickly grabbed our books that we would be needing for the day and rushed out of the room to get to Herbiology in time. We made it inside just in time. It was not that a very interesting so I pretty much just zoned out after Professor Sprouts talked about something called the O.W.L. I didn't really care about it since I was here not to learn magic but because Dumbledore wants me to protect Harry and if I actually trust the Fates, I may find some happiness. When the class ended, the group quickly ran up the pathway so we can get to Double Potions before Snape yelled at us for being late. We make it up there and saw that the other students had just begun to file in. We join the group and claimed our usual spots at the front or near the front. I sat next to Blaise like usual and began to pull out my wand, and textbook.
"Settle down." I heard a few minutes later. I glanced back to see Snape shutting the door. Really, there were no reason to call order since once that door opened, everyone had quieted.
"Before we begin today's lesson," Snape said once he arrived at the front of the room, "I think it appropriate to remind you that next June you will be sitting an important examination, during which you will prove how much you have learned about the composition and use of magical potions. Moronic though some of this class undoubtedly are, I expect you to scrape an Acceptable in your O.W.L or suffer my displeasure." His gaze had shifted over to Neville which made me feel bad for him. "After this year, of course, many of you will cease studying with me," Snape continued, "I take only the very best into my N.E.W.T Potions class which means that some of us will certainly be saying good-bye." This time I saw his gaze turn to someone far in the back but I figure it would be Harry. "But we have another year to go before that happy moment of farewell," Snape said softly, "so whether you are intending to attempt N.E.W.T or not, I advise you all of you to concentrate your efforts upon maintaining the high-past level I have come to expect from my O.W.L students...Today we will be mixing a potion that often comes up at Ordinary Wizarding Level: The Draught of Peace, a potion to calm anxiety and soothe agitation. Be warned: If you are too heavy handed with the ingredients, you will put the drinker into a heavy and some times irreversible sleep, so you will need to pay close attention to what you are doing. The ingredients and method are on the blackboard. You will find everything you need in the store cupboard. You have an hour and a half. Start." I immediately read the list of ingredients before instantly summoning enough for both me and Blaise. Blaise looked thankfully at me before going back to reading the instructions. It may seem like a difficult potion since everything has to be done exactly right but for me these are the fun ones. I remember seeing this potion in Apollo's medical room and I remember helping him create some so he could give the camps some. The hour and half flies by and eventually we only have 10 minutes left.
"A light silver vapor should now be rising from your potion." Snape called out at that moment. looked back at my potion to see the silver vapor and knew I did it right. Snape walked by my workstation nodding at my work. He glanced at Blaise's work who also had a silver vapor before continuing down the row.
"Potter what is this supposed to be." I heard from the back of the room?" Snape said with a smug tone.
"The Draught of Peace." Harry said tensely. I was aware of the other Slytherins including my friend group were all taking glee from Snape taunting Harry. I sigh nudging Blaise to get back to work. He looks at me and I guess he could see that I wasn't happy they were taking delight out of Harry's failure because he immediately got back to work.
"Tell me Potter " Snape said softly with a deadly tone hidden underneath, "Can you read?" Draco chose to laugh at this moment. I felt ashamed at my friends for acting this way.
"Yes, I can." Harry stated with almost undetectable anger in his voice.
"Read the third line of the instructions for me,Potter."
"Add powdered moonstone, stir three times counterclockwise,allow to simmer for seven minutes, then add two drops of syrup of hellebore." Harry trailed off at the last part. I realized he must have forgotten that ingredient.
"Did you do everything on the third line, Potter." Snape asked smug.
"No." Harry said quiet.
"I beg your pardon." Snape said tauntingly.
"No," Harry said louder, "I forgot the hellebore..."
"I know you did Potter which means that this mess is utterly worthless. Evanesco." I knew Harry's cauldron had been emptied and felt pity for him in my heart.
"Those of you who have managed to read the instructions, fill one flagon with a sample of your potion, label it clearly with your name, and bring it up to my desk for testing." Snape said,"Homework: Twelve inches of parchment on the properties of moonstone and its uses in potion making, to be handed in on Thursday. If you do not have class that day with me, then your paper is due at lunch on Thursday." As I filled my flagon with the potion and labeled it, I thought about if it was worth it to lose my temper to my friend group about their reaction to Snape's treatment of Harry. When I placed the flagon on the desk, I realized it wouldn't change a thing. The Slytherin have a hatred for Harry Potter that was built long before I came along. My job was to protect Harry from Voldemort but he would have to protect himself from emotional or regular drama.