~Team~

Sir Ravindra Jadeja walked down the corridors of the team hotel with renewed vigour. He was a man with a mission. A very definite mission. The world had gone mad. His team even more madder, stopping his from giving befitting replies to some people.

And as he is such a good person. He couldn't help but comply with their wishes. But it didn't mean he has to be happy about it, right.  After all, how can he be happy when the world is acting like they are a bunch of fools! Who doesn't know anything?

As far as he knows, cricket is a team game. A game about the efforts of the whole team but no, they had somehow even managed to convert a team game into a one-man army with all their "Virat" or "Rohit" rants.

God, he knows his friends. He knows their talent. He knows how much the team depends upon them and he also knows that this is a team game, not a one-man thingy.

All the Virat shouldn't have left the team like that after the loss, was getting on Jadeja's nerves. Well, all those rants actually made the team in Aus look like absolute clowns. Who didn't know how to even hold a bat! Who couldn't score even a single run! Who hadn't even played a single international match!

Yeah, but did the comments and mainstream people care they were making them look absolutely useless. Like they didn't have any value. Like everything in the team had been done by Virat only, without Virat they are nothing.

Did the people sprouting all these for even a single moment sit and ponder what kinda message they were sending? Did they think they were kinda indirectly saying Virat is the only valuable player around and the rest of the team is totally useless dunderheads? Who doesn't even know which end of the bat to hold?  Do they know they were making it easier for the opposition to crawl in their minds?

Well, the people who didn't give their everything for a game. People who never woke up even before dawn and went for a morning jog. People who had about 08,22,356 ranks in entrance exams are nowadays commenting about their dedication level and commitment.

The guys who can't even get up to attend classes. Are questioning their integrity? Isn't it amusing?

The people who missed the unit test because apparently, they had a fever. Are now, questioning Virat's decision? Even going as far as saying he shouldn't have left after the collapse?

Yeah, after all, according to them Virat changing a pre-decided decision because his team failed. Wouldn't completely shatter the remaining amount of self-confidence the boys had on themselves? It won't indirectly spell Virat didn't trust any of their potential or calibre to face challenges? They should all be just codled by him.

And so he should change his pre-decided decision. After all, Virat had decided to take the leave even before any of the matches of this whole tour had even begun. Virat had felt something, he had felt the need to be there. He wanted to be there and it was his personal choice.

It was his decision and the team had accepted it.

They knew the importance of family for Virat. Well, when you had lost someone very important to you at a very young age and after that, at every important stage of your life had just visualized and imagined their presence and reactions on your moments.

You kinda realize the importance of living in the present. You learn to value the relations around. You learn to live in the moment and cherish the memories. For who knows which moment will be your last moment with someone?

And Jaddu as Virat's bestie knew very well, how deeply engraved this thing was in Virat's system. An eighteen-year-old youthful boy, full of dreams had never imagined that he won't get a chance to see his father alive again after that night.