~Antics of a drunk Mahi~

"And this is why we don't drink alcohol, children" came the voice of Yuvi, mocking the line that his best friend and captain had said to him on more than one occasion.

It was Monday morning and Mahendra Singh Dhoni had a throbbing headache. He heard himself groan as he rolled from his stomach onto his back. His whole body felt heavy and it felt like there was someone banging on his head with a hammer.

It was a pain he had never experienced before and he knew he never wanted to experience it again.

Yups, he was definitely staying with his nimbu pani. Thank you very much, no stupid dare from Yuvi will change it ever. He wasn’t touching these vile, icky and disgusting tasting things ever in his entire life. No matter what Yuvi or anybody else said.

With much difficulty he managed to sit up. Everything was blurry. He rubbed his eyes, hoping everything would come into focus. Eventually, it did and his eyes fell on the three boys sitting on the bed next to his. They were all dressed in practice uniforms and they were all watching him with matching grins.

The three boys were, of course, his best friends and little brother. God, he wanted to bury himself in a rabbit hole right now. He was supposed to be an idol figure for these kid teaching them right conduct and all, be their mentor and a stupid dare ruined everything. God, he shouldn’t have let Yuvi get under his nerves at all. And he is so going to murder Yuvi once his headache stops killing him.

The fact that the three of them looked incredibly suspicious didn’t help the matter at all. Mahi was almost afraid to ask them what’s going on?

"What are you staring at?" he asked, realizing that his voice was hoarse and his throat hurt. His hand immediately clutched his throat and he rubbed it gently, though he knew that really wouldn't do anything to make him feel better.

His fellow comrades just looked at him, still grinning stupidly.

"What?" he croaked. He'd have to head to the Practife session in this condition. God, Dada will kill him. No, he will just throw Yuvi under the bus. Dada loves him the best anyway and maybe Dada would give him something to fix his throat or maybe dada would take pity on his condition and rest him from today's practice. But for that he need to go to Dada's room keep his head on his lap and be his  truly miserable self.

And He really didn't have time for these three's games.

"So, did you enjoy yourself last night?" asked Bhajji, finally breaking the silence.

"It certainly looked like you enjoyed yourself," said Yuvi and Virat burst out into a fit of giggles.

The truth was, Mahi wasn't sure if he had enjoyed himself the night before. He racked his brain, trying to remember what he had done the previous evening. He remembered there ODI victory and the phone call he received from Sakshi–their parents were planning a get together. He remembered sitting with Yuvi and sleeping through out the journey back to hotel and then there being a raging party as soon as they entered the hotel premises.

Mahi hadn't been entirely sure why they were celebrating the night before and he couldn't remember that morning. He was too sleepy and tired. He remembered that all he wanted to do was go to bed, but his friends convinced him to stay and he couldn't remember anything beyond that.

"Can you spare me the riddles and just tell me what you're talking about?" Mahi demanded, his patience running thin.

The three boys turned and looked at each other, eventually turning back to Mahi.