~Snippets~

~For the moral bearers, the little motivators, the family and the love they shared.~

Little Akhira didn't understand why the Aus bowlers were hitting her Pujji Uncle? Didn't they like him? Was Pujji uncle alright? The worried girl asked her mother worried. For she didn't know how someone could hit her kind Pujji uncle?

Was he alright?

The question didn't leave the little girl's mind even though she settled herself in front of the TV screen, totally invested in the game. She wanted her dad and uncles to win. She always did. Last match, they won too, her mum told her so when Appa and she were celebrating screaming loudly.

She hoped they'll win this one too.

Her uncles were good and the good always won didn't they?

So, when the winning run was hit and she saw her uncles jumping and celebrating like mad.

She did it too.

Jumping on her mum telling them they won and telling Adhya too. They won!! They were the Champions.

She was sooo happy but she hadn't forgotten her poor hurt uncle Pujji.

And when the team returned back to the hotel.

Lil' Akhira made sure, she checked on him with her Lil doctor's kit.

He had smiled when she had kissed his band-aid laden finger and he even told her the kiss made him feel really better.

Akhira felt really happy as she babble to her father and uncles about how she cheered for them.

And she had even checked on uncle Pujji before night asking if he was okay? If the pain was gone? Did he need more kisses to make him feel better?

Everyone had laughed her words as Uncle Pujji kissed her goodnight but still, she had left her pony with uncle Pujji to check on him.

After all, her uncle Pujji might need friend in night and Adu wasn't here to play with him. So, thoughtful and considerate Akhira parted with her toy leaving it to guard her uncle Pujji as she left to cuddle with her father.

It was a merry night for the team, after all.

___________________________

There were tears seeping down Sir Rahul Dravid's eyes and his lips were stretched in a mile wide smile. A smile that just won't leave his lips. IT just grew, grew with every second he saw those kids, his kids, laugh, embrace and celebrate the historic moment. For a historic moment it was and what a historic moment it was?

He couldn't find enough words to describe what he was feeling right now.

Oh! the glee, absolute glee and the overwhelming love for those kids. His monkeys!! He could hear the shouts of happiness coming from the people currently present in the NCA too and what a joyous moment it really is!!! He could really not explain the feeling of extreme proud and warmth expanding though his being as he picked up his buzzing phone.

"They did it,Jammy!! They did it!!!" The almost sobbing, drowning in happiness overwhelmed voice of his Dadi, his Saurav greeted him. The quivers in his voice, the fast breathing all signaling he had been screaming on top of his voice before calling him.

"They did Dadi!! Those fools created history again!" And how proud he was feeling uttering these words. His boys with a knack of creating history.

"God!! Jammy!! I want to shout at whole world right now!! Again lift my shirt and revolve it over my head standing on top of the BCCI office yelling My boys did it!!! They aren't scared of anyone you MF's!!! Take This!! This is MY TEAM!!!!" Saurav said flowing with his emotions like a waterfall from cliff.

"Please don't!!! I don't think anyone will take kindly to your these action the Lord's incidence was scandalous enough as it is, I don't think we need to add BCCI President and a Certain Kohli repeating it from the top of BCCI head office jumping like lunatics," Jammy added wryly, for he could surely see his Cheeku jumping along with Saurav following his dada on this track, cheering for his team in such an obnoxious manner.

"You're no fun Jammy!! I'm thinking of giving the boys a raise! All of them and do you think should gift Ravi a vintage wine bottle or something?" Dada asked.

"Please don't!! and yeah, give a rise to those poor Physios and me too Dadi!! You've been making me work like an injury healing machine too, you know" Jammy quipped mischief shinning brightly in his eyes.

"You saying something Jammy"

"Kanjoos"

"Now, now no need to start personal attacks Jammy" Dada tutted making Dravid laugh again.

"Our boys did it, Jammy" Dada mumbled again thought softly in a whisper, a smile lingering on both of their faces.

"so they did, Dadi!!" Jammy whispered back.

And if for the rest of day, the people in Bcci head office or NCA found Mr. Dravid and Mr. Ganguly smiling through everything and whistling softly to themselves every now and them, seemingly in merry mood.

No one questioned it.

___________________________

Rahul shouted, screamed and jumped up and down like a mad person.

Shreyas continued using his sofa as a trampoline.

Yuzi climbed on Rahul Tewatia as a Koala bear while his team hooted and screamed in background.

Sonu yelled nonsensical things. Bhuvi fist pumped in the air. Priyam cackled with madness.

Umesh yelled and made dancing motions through his hands for his calf didn't allow him to jump.

JAddu jumped and did an absolute sword celebration with his alright wrist while yelling and remembering Ben stokes to his heart's content.

Shami didn't go that far he celebrated calmly with brilliant smile.

Ishant jumped on Shikhar as both of them yelled about their boy Rishu and their team. Going absolutely bonkers in happiness and glee.

Mahi had sat in front of the idiot box at 5 am and left at 13:00, watching his kids going bonkers. He needed to do something to get this fuzzy extreme happiness buzzing in every pore out of him too and he couldn't quite jump around like his kids were.

For they might not been there but this victory was there too and nothing, absolutely nothing in the whole world could stop them from going bonkers celebrating their brothers win.

For they had created history.

And they'll celebrate it like it was their own victory.

For it was as it always will be.

~The end~

Okay, so as @bleedblue2011 perfectly penned the team for us. I think you should check it out if you hadn't yet it's absolutely heart meltingly beautifully written and god, I love each and every member of this team, so, so proud of them and what they had achieved!!