.Virat-Rahul.

"Moonlight drowns out all but the brightest stars."

- the lord of rings

*OoO*

Rahul has seen many up and down in his entire cricketing career. He has felt many emotions, emotions he was sure he wasn't supposed to feel in the team. No one exactly told him, how it felt to be the part of the national team. There wasn't some kind of handbook that told them how to behave as junior, senior and a player. How to stay positive? How to deal with the tons of emotions a single match ignited? How to feel when from getting brutally trolled you become the reason someone else is getting brutally trolled? How to meet that person's eyes and tell him it's fine dude? Your day will come soon too, just trust us?

"Oye Rahuliya, I know you idolize me but you don't need to prove it again and again. I know how much you worship me, kiddo."

Rahul jumped about a foot and whipped around so fast that he almost lost his balance, almost being the key point here as he stared at a grinning Virat jogging beside him looking like he was jogging with him from the starting. He didn't even realize when Virat joined him and he really didn't know whether to feel irritated or spooked by Virat's sudden ghostly appearance beside him.

"What—what are you doing here? And what's Rahuliya and why again kiddo?" asked Rahul a little grumpily as Virat continued jogging with him looking in a totally merry mood and Rahul really didn't know how to feel about it?

"Well, I can ask you the same. You know there is a party going on for the series win and you're practising to be Usain Bolt here. And I thought we have settled this fact long ago that you're my Rahuliya and you're my kiddo too." Virat told him in a totally disconcentrating mixture of seriousness, snickering and sarcasm. Is it even possible to apply all these emotions together or it's just another of Virat Kohli thing?

"I'm not Rahuliya and you shouldn't have left the party?" Rahul snapped at Virat making a face thinking about the party? Even if he was the standing captain in today's match he definitely wasn't feeling even a little happy tonight.

"Well, I'm the captain and you can't order me. You still didn't answer me why are you trying to be Usain Bolt right now?" Virat told him totally unaffected by his snarky mood and maintaining his perfectly jolly denamour as he continued jogging unaffected by his attempts of getting rid of him.

"I just felt like it," Rahul replied flatly

"You felt like practising to be Usain Bolt in this freezing windy evening, where the wind is flowing with such a speed that it can fly away Yuzi?" Virat asked Rahul incredulously with arched eyebrows and even Rahul knew his excuse sounded really hollow but the image of flying Yuzi was funny and he wasn't in a mood to feel happy right now yet Virat was making him feel like smiling. He doesn't know how this guy makes him smile like this.

"yes," said Rahul continuing with his pretence as Virat rolled his eyes.

"Rahuliya, come out with what's bothering you kiddo. The wind isn't going to fly away your worries like it can fly away Yuzi"Virat coaxed Rahul to come out with his worries while continuing running with him on the beach. He didn't know what was wrong with this kid. But he was going to get it out of him by hook or crook. Even if he had to lock Rahul with him in his room to make him spill the beans or stay in this cold beach all night. He is going to make him spill out all his worries. But he is hoping he doesn't have to take such drastic steps.

"Virat stop calling me Rahuliya" Rahul demanded pouting slightly and losing his usually calm composure. The calm, cool and confident composure he normally wrapped around him like a second skin as he slumped on the soft sand unceremoniously and Virat followed his suit sitting beside him without complaining and waiting for him to open up on–what's going in his overthinking mind? In these situations, Virat really hoped that he could read people's mind. It would have come handy in fixing these situations where some stubborn kids refused to tell him what's wrong with them.