What are brothers for?

"Because brothers don't let each other wander in the dark alone."

Rahul didn't know why he was feeling so nervous. Well, F**k nervous. He was feeling absolutely terrified and he has all the good reasons to be terrified.

Rahul was standing in front of Virat's Gurugram Bungalow contemplating whether to enter or not?  He knows it's just Virat inside and it'll be all fine. But still, he quite didn't know—how to face his teammates, especially his Captain.

He just can't make himself meet Virat, or look into his gaze and see how disappointed he is in him. He can't meet Virat and see how badly he let his idol down.

Well, Virat wasn't always his idol but then 2013 happened and he couldn't, just couldn't make that almost perfect person his idol. He didn't know what it was but he wanted to be just like Virat.

He wanted to be like Virat Kohli. A batting sensation who represents India in all formats. A player who always has a fixed position in the team. A player no one can keep away from the game.

But it wasn't the only reason Virat become his idol. This wasn't the only reason he wants to be in Virat's company. This wasn't the only reason he listened to Virat as if everything he spoke was the sole truth of life.

It had a lot to do with Virat's behavior too. The arms wrapped around an excited youngster by a superstar like they were some kind of friends. It had to do with how Virat was always there for him. Supporting him. Guiding him. Teaching him. Believing in him. Giving him chances. Hell lot of chances.

And there he goes drowning and killing all the reasons for Virat to believe in him. There he goes letting his down because of a stupid show. God, if he loses Virat somehow because of that KJo.

Then even God can't stop KJO from being a ball, Harry the bowler and he the batsmen who'll hit the ball so many times that the ball can't ever be recognized as a ball.

And then there is Harry, the second reason for his misery. The second reason he was avoiding everyone. It was because he didn't want to talk to anyone else but Harry.

No one but he could understand what he was going through but that stupid insane insaan didn't contact him even once. Harry even disconnected his call every time he tried to call him.

And then there was he avoiding Virat's calls and messages. Even after getting the ban lifted and getting selected in the Indian A team.

Indian A team was another battle for him. He is sure if it wasn't for Manish and Mayank he would have gotten mad or punched someone. The looks, the comments, the back bitching everything was getting too much. He didn't think his nerves could handle them without punching someone and getting banned again.

He didn't know why but when he heard one of his own teammates say: "Rahul is not Virat's friend or anything. He is Virat's chamcha. Look now if Virat dirties his hand for Rahul. Hardik was taken back in the team, I'm sure he doesn't deserve that spot but again we don't know what goes in there and Rahul was squatted away like a fly from milk. He won't get to play for India again. Virat won't allow it. He isn't even in RCB now is he??"

"Yeah, Virat Kohli won't get himself wrapped in controversies because of anyone. He thinks he is above everyone. He is a total jerk that way and hadn't you heard Rohit Sharma hates Rahul anyway. So, poor Rahul is doomed, " another player added laughing nastily.