•The New kid•

Devdutt Padikkal has been part of the RCB team for approximately two years now. Well, not totally two mind you but he was feeling at home already. It was a strange feeling to be loved and cared for surrounded by (superstar) strangers who cared for you like family. It was an overwhelming feeling in a good way, mind you.

When he was presented for the first time in 2018 IPl auction. He didnt have much expectations to be truthful. He was damn nervous and the thoughts like what if no team chooses me? Were plundering his mind quite thoroughly.

Getting in RCB wasnt a dream come true though to be truthful.  Everyone knew RCB,  and, everyone made fun of RCB. He was hoping to get into CSK playing under MSD will be like dream come true or Mumbai Indians, Ro-hit man Sharma was like a dream captain. But RCB has taken him in.

And he was grateful, really, representing the team named after his city was an honor too and Virat Kohli, the chase master was like the stuff out of legends. ABD, Mr. 360° the superman. They were kinda superheroes like stuff to him even if he was quite scared of the infamous Kohli temper, to be honest.

Though he didn't actually meet the king Kohli until the start of the IPl season. He wasn't that kingly when Dev first meet his soon going to be mentor, Virat. Virat was always surrounded though to Dev back then it looked like there was an unapproachable aura enveloped around Virat. He seemed to much like a star to Dev.

A faraway beautiful yet deadly lethal star. Dev had wandered around the RCB unit with starry eyes and wondering what kind of bonds went around in the team? He also wondered whether he'll be a permanent member of the team or not? He had a hunger to go out there and prove himself, show the world his worth.

But he wasn't given the chance. He wondered why? Many of his ex teammates were playing in the other teams. Why wasn't he given the chance too? But he didn't ask ofcourse.

Too awestruck!!

And then came his first actual interaction with the King Kohli and Yuzi Chahhal.He doesn't remember what was actually spoken, he just remember saying something feeling quite exasperated to someone. He wasn't quite aware that Virat Kohli and Yuzi Chahhal were there just behind him. But then, they laughed.

"He is quite like Moi, isnt he?" He heard Virat bhaiya say and he didn't quite know who was Moi or how was he like that?

Yuzi bhai has looked at him quite analyzingly and then had throwed back his head laughing madly.

Dev didn't know whether to be insulted or be curious? He didn't react at all though  starstuck as he was finding the Virat Kohli so near.

"Devdutt, right" Virat asked him a mischievous look shinning in his eyes. He just nodded in confirmation. He had seen Virat play as a kid, admired him and he really didn't want to make a fool of himself by speaking something foolish.

"Hmm, it's quite a big name I think I'll call you Dd or what do you think about DP?" Virat asked him with a complentative look and all Dev could think at that moment was you aren't serious, are you? Both the nicknames sounded ridiculous to him.

Even if it was the Virat Kohli giving him the nickname.

"Ummm, I like DD better, I'll call you Dd" Virat smiled.

"You're serious," he couldn't help but exclaim incredulously.

Yuzi bhaiya had just laughed back then while Virat bhai gave them a smile. A smile screaming of mischief and mayhem. And as Dev found out later, when Virat refused to call him anything but DD that he was quite serious.

And no, matter how many times, he scowled at Virat after getting to know him, of course. Virat persisted calling him so. And they lost 6 matches in a row, it was the worst season for the RCB. And Dev didn't want to be part of any other team.