~won't forget~

~NCA~

~2 am~

The ringing of phone broke the sleepy haze that has consumed the head of the NCA, squinting his eyes, he searched for his phone and hastily picked up the call, not wanting to disturb anyone else.

"Hello!!!" His sleep laced hoarse voice answered the call.

"You were asleep, Jammy?" the caller asked smiling softly.

"No, I was running around the stadium in the middle of night!" Jammy deadpanned, rubbing the sleep of his eyes and checking the time to decide whether he can be legitimately snappy or not. It was 2 am and yes, he was allowed to be in crappy mood.

"Well, I shouldn't be surprised really with that tolli with you," The caller chuckled lightly.

Jammy just rolled his eyes at his besties timing and midnight humorous session.

"So gye voh?" the caller asked again.

"hmm...thori der pehle hi soye, wanted to know about your tales of absolute glory," Jammy said dryly but anyone could see the absolute happiness and love in his eyes.

"Tell me, you didn't tell em about it," The caller asked dread filling him, he could all but imagine how his brother would tell them the most embarrassing tales about him with straight face and innocent, I didn't know, this was embarrassing incident look.

"Ugh...I did, I tell them that time Mahi and you went out and that time when Yuvi...."

"Okay, okay, I get it, I get it, you told them all the embarrassing stories. God, Jammy!!! I can see them jumping in my cabin like wide eyed cartoons creating an opera out of those incidences," The caller groaned but he didn't sound that despondent of this happening.

"Well you quite brought this on yourself? And were you still working Dadi??" Jammy asked

"Yeah, last minute stuff," Dadi i.e Saurav Ganguly replied sheepishly.

"Saurav!!"

"I know, I know, should rest and stuff, but it was important, I swear,"

"Everything seems important to you, you idiot,"

"Well, still you're this idiot's best friend,"

"Well, I pitied you and took you under my wing,"

"Really Jammy, did you forget all those times I valiantly protected you,"

"In your dreams"

Both the veterans smiled remembering their days and then on a serious note, Dada asked, "How are they really Jammy?"

"As usual the gang of hooligans, I really don't know how Virat or Harry is injured? But they claim to have this mysterious injury and refusing to move away till everyone is declared fit but those Aussies, really damaged these goofs, Dadi" Jammy said, his hands casually brushing away the hair of Rohit as he snuggled to Virat and Jinks.

"Well, you and I both know they're there just to stay with the rest of them,"

"Wasn't it totally obvious, Dadi? They declared this their biobubble headquarters too," Jamy snorted remembering Harry's heartfelt declaration as he jumped on him

All the boys were there and they didn't even let him move around after dinner. He was in the room with them telling them tales of young Mahi, Dada and Lacchu. The kids took in everything listening totally enthralled by the tales.

"Whatever happened, wasn't right Dadi!!" Jammy reminded his Dadi, looking fondly as the current ICT slept around him in a dog pile hugging each other and trapping even him in their midst.

"I know and I've not forgotten or forgiven Jammy. Take care of them. I'll take care of the rest," Dada assured.

Both the seniors hummed and looked fondly at their little brothers, sleeping peacefully looking almost like kids, no one would quite believe half of them were father's themselves. But for Dada and Jammy they were absolute kids who needed to be protected and none, of them will forget the way Aus behaved with their kids.

The boys will be alright.

They were with each other in their safe place.

Leaning, slumping and helping each other up.

They'll be ready and play like nothing happened soon too.

But their big brothers, won't forget the pain they went through.

Battered. Bruised. Abused. But. Unbroken. And. Together. Safe. Healing. And. Happy.

But Jammy and Dada won't forget or forgive ever.

They'll remember this forever.

Tomorrow Jammy will complain about bandar toli not letting him be in peace.

And Dada will pester him to get those boys fit and fine soon.

Jammy will complain about it again.

And the cycle will go on but for now, they'll be the brothers not the NCA head or BCCI president. They'll think, curse and remember and plot.

For they won't forget the sheer injustice.

They just won't.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~just something~