~What's going on?~

When Rahul decided to saunter in Virat's room like it's his birthright. He didn't ever, like not in his wildest dreams thought to witness the highly perturbating scene in front of him.

For a few seconds, he stood baffled, frozen on his steps. The people he had certainly walked in mirroring his expression while Rahul rubbed his eyes to make sure he wasn't seeing things.

But even after rubbing his eyes more then a couple of times the scene in front of him didn't quite change. Yuzi was still sitting on Virat's shoulder, Washy and Nav were still clutching on Virat's legs like upset toddlers refusing to let go of their parents and Virat was still looking like an exasperated parent at his wit's end.

"Ummm...," Rahul cleared his throat, clearly perplexed with the scene going in front of him. He didn't know what to say to diffuse the awkwardness in the air?

"Hey, Rahuliyaaa!" Yuzi greeted him looking totally in his element on top of Virat's shoulder. The other two just nodded at him and then went back to pestering Virat.

Virat looked thoroughly at odds with the whole situation. Rahuliya decided he better come a bit later to greet his brother, who was certainly quite involved with the whole thing. How did Yuzi climb up on Virat's shoulder or what they were really trying to do was beyond him? But mumbling a soft, "I'll come back later," Rahul escaped Virat's room. He didn't wait for their reply but the flurry of voices chasing after him.

"Aren't we your kids Virat?"

"Bhaiyuuu, for us please!!"

"Bhaiiii!!!"

"Guys!!" Virat's lit with laughter voice ringing in his ear, as he took the turn towards the lift. Rahul didn't know why but those words pinched his heart a lot. What were they even trying to do? He hadn't got to spend time with Virat for what feels like ages? The damn bio bubble and quarantine rules coming between them and now, when he finally got the chance with his Virat. Those people were already in Virat's room, hogging his time and attention, like only they had a right on Virat.

It pinched Rahul, Virat not asking him to stay bruised a corner of his heart and the oddness of the scene he witnessed, made him think, really think about everything that changed in the last few months. Sighing, sulkily he walked towards the lounge area, where the rest of the team was lounging and flopped himself in between Mayank and Hardik.

"What happened? Weren't you going to call Virat down?" Hardik asked the gloomy soul slumped beside him with raised brows. He hadn't expected Rah to return so soon to be truthful but here he was and Harry was kind intrigued with the whole situation.

Hearing Virat's name, even Shreyas, Rishab, Jassi, Kuliya and Subh perked up throwing Rahul curious gaze, eyes roaming around the place trying to spot a certain Kohlito, who truly wasn't anywhere in sight. Feeling quite rueful, Rahul rattled about everything to the lot of them. He could feel the protesting vibes emitting out of them, especially, a certain Hardik Pandya even before he finished, his ramblings.

Hearing, Rahul speak Hardik couldn't believe what a great dunderhead his best friend has been. Why did this idiot leave? He could have been the knight in shining armour for their cap, saving him from those over clingy chimpanzee-chipmunk hybrids but no, this idiot was sulking here.

God, why was his brother so stupid?? Hardik didn't know but his wisdom inducing lecture intended for his stupid creature of Best Friend was thwarted by their coach, even before he could begin.

"Boys, the bus now!!" The coach said in a no-nonsense tone, half of the team was complaining on the bus. The other half was lounging here like they had the whole time on the world.