~I lost my Cheeku to him for the first time~

It was a fine winter morning in Ranchi. The sun was smiling down pleasantly on the members of the city and one Mahendra Singh Dhoni was sitting in his garden, enjoying the chirping of birds, the wintry smell in the air and his absolutely amazing morning cup of the tea with his better half. It was a good morning, a peaceful morning in the Dhoni family though they weren't used to this level of peace.

After all, some not so kid-kids of MSD doesn't bother much about time or anything like that before calling to MSD. But, today it was a peaceful morning with half of his kids playing, the other half most probably sleeping in their quarantine rooms. So, MSD was absolutely free and relaxing without having to deal with early morning whining sessions.

He had taken just another long sip of his tea when he heard his wife sigh gushingly over something. MS looked at her curiously thinking what made her gush so happily in the morning? Was it the pics her brother sent her again? He didn't know but she must have felt his curious gaze as she looked at him beaming.

"Mahi see isn't this just the cutest," She exclaimed with happiness clearly shining in her eyes as she passed the phone to him. Curious, MS looked down at her screen it was a video, a video posted by someone called hulratclub on instagram. A video in which Rahul was running and then almost throwing himself in Virat's arms, hiding his face in Virat's shoulder with Virat patting his back and ruffling his hair so fondly.

Mahi continued looking at the video in loop. It was just such a cute moment though it didn't feel so cute to him when it actually happened, at that moment he was in big dilemma , it was transition time again and with that it brought forth the feeling of his Cheeku drifting apart. Six years, Mahi can't believe, it has been six years already. It just felt like yesterday, when Yuvi and he were sitting in his home watching the match when this scene transpired on the screen.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Awww...aren't you proud of the new kid, Mahiyaaa!!!" Yuvi had poked him, noticing him looking at the screen with absolute scrutiny; he just couldn't tear his gaze away.

"I'm!" He had answered passively eyes still stuck on the screen.

"Seems quite close to Cheeku, doesn't he?" Yuvi had remarked noticing the way Rahul held onto Virat and said something to him after breaking the hug, eyes gazing at Virat full of sincerity and love and the way Virat reciprocated the hug, holding onto the kid with absolute tenderness. It was something new. They had never seen Virat display such tenderness for someone on the field.

Yes, he encouraged and cheered but it was all fiery, not like this. They never saw him holding on to someone so caringly, consoling on the field. It was always them on whom he leeched onto. It was always him the emotional one seeking comfort in his brother's arms. They had never seen him quite like this ever. Even in Ranji matches and RCB matches Virat seemed totally clueless on how to deal with his juniors or guys looking at him with absolute admiration and devotion. They had never seen their Cheeku handle someone like this.

It was a strange phenomenon for Yuvi.

It felt just like yesterday, when the same guy was clinging quite like this to them. Grumbling about they not giving him enough time or complaining about he didn't know how to deal with people. It felt like yesterday, when he was complaining about insignificant things and following them around like an absolute kid. Suddenly, watching him handle someone so tenderly didn't fit well in Yuvi's mind. The guy on the screen and the Cheeku in his mind, quite didn't match. Still, he couldn't help but ask about the closeness of this two.

For then only it would make any sense to him. This lanky kid could be Cheeku's new friend. Cheeku could be tender with his friends. Well, it felt like the only logical answer to Yuvi at that moment.