~Night strolls~

KL Rahul opens the refrigerator in the hotel lobby and takes out a chilled energy drink bottle. He then continued playing a very-very clumsy catch game with the bottle. Mayank Agarwal didn't know what wrong the bottle has done to Rahul?

But he was quick to predict that drinking this chilled drink will be the cause of Rahul not being able to speak a single word tomorrow, a sore throat will grace the lanky being and they'll have to bear an overly grumpy glaring moody Rahul.

Mayank was not being very far from the mark or overly cautious, as it was late on a freezing night. It was unnaturally chilly tonight and Rahul was always quick to catch a cold. But he knew his protests would be ineffective and the lanky being he calls his best friend won't pay any heed to his concerns.

Yet being the considerate bestie that he is, Mayank still let everyone hear his prediction on Rahul's state the next day, quite vocally. No one, reacted to his prophecy much and not at all, in a way he wanted them too.

Having just lost the first ODI of the 3 match series against Australia mere hours ago had put his best friend in a very bad mood. The team was in low spirits, quietly avoiding much socializing with the excuse of Covid and rules.

Especially the new vice-captain, who welcomed the role with a not so good performance, with critics both actual and self-proclaimed after him and two very big shoes to fill in, it wasn't a big surprise for anyone, that the mood of Mr KL Rahul was disastrous.

And so, Mayank let the way, KL acknowledged his prophecy by not responding at all pass for now.

Instead, he concentrated on the looks his bestie was tthrowing towards Virat Kohli who was casually chatting with Jasprit Bumrah, from his line of sight Mayank could make out the whole scenario as the Captain's cheering tactics.

When Virat realised Rahul's eyes on him. He glanced towards them and passes the boy a kind tight-lipped smile, concentrating back on his chat with Jassi.

Rahul looks disappointed by the antic of their Captain. The only sign of his gloom being the tightening of his grip around the poor chilled bottle. Sighing, he glances at Mayank again and begins walking outside.

Of course. He wants to go out now that idiot, making certain to catch cold. Mayank thought angrily cursing Rahul in his mind but a part of him also knew that he'll follow Rahul out. After all, he can't let his bestie wander out alone so disowning every common sense. He followed Rahul out.

Yes, they have a match tomorrow but they'll storm around in the dead of night. Of course, what else they should do? How could he expect anything else from his bestie? Shaking his head, he silently followed Rahul whistling.

He didn't notice an exasperated Kohli eyeing both of them forlornly, like he couldn't quite believe them. He really couldn't.

Of course. Of course, Rahul wants to go out on a walk and drink chilled water in biting cold. That too, when they have an international match to be a part of tomorrow. Rahul's so getting a sore throat. Virat thought half angry, half worried, half exasperated. He was feeling like a parent so done with their kids antics.

Shaking his head, quickly wraping his chat with Jassi ruffling the kid's hair lovingly. He follows Mayhul outside because someone needs to look after them. It takes some time but Virat finally spots the two gloomy souls, pacing around looking like annoyed ducklings.