~Always my (your) Kid~

Rahul didn't quite know how he ended up in front of Virat's door with a bloody knuckle, gazing, at the door blankly in great dilemma. He didn't know what to do now? He didn't remember how he ended up here? But it was like his feet had a mind of their own leading him to Virat's door like always. He might have left Mayank and Shami somewhere reeling, his whole team might be totally disappointed and disconnected with him.

But presently Rahul didn't quite care. For he was rightfully burning in fury, a "I want to tear everything apart, destroy and lit up the whole world," kinda fury. God, he couldn't even feel the blood dripping down his knuckles. From all the earlier ramblings, wasn't it quite clear that he wasn't quite in his senses?

Taking in a staggering breath, he rapped his bloody knuckle against Virat's door.

And that's how Virat found a handful of a kid in his arms. Rahul's face hidden in the crook of his neck, hot burning tears soaking through Virat's cozy night shirt. Virat tried to break the hug and check on his Rahuliyaa, ask him what was wrong? What had upset him after his victory? But Rahul just tightened his grip around Virat, snuggling in Virat's arms, letting the angry tears fall like a fountain.

And Virat let him be, standing on the doorstep of his room with his weeping kid in his arm. Virat let him seek and embrace solace out of his arms like always. Virat stood there trudging his fingers in a calming manner through Rahul's hair, patting his back in a "I'm with you, you're fine" manner. He could clearly remember every single time, every single time he held an emotional wreck Rahul in his arms. After every sad and happy moment, he had been Rahul's shield hiding his emotions from the world and today was the same.

Rahul let his angry tears seep out of him with all his anger and pain in Virat's embrace while Virat pondered whether he should warn Rahul about Dev and Washy's presence in his room but thought better of it. Rahul will totally close off, wearing his poker face, acting all tough and mature when he is all but a kid to Virat. A kid who needs to let his emotions out. So, Virat stayed silent letting Rahul let his distress seep out in Virat's arms.

Just like he did, after the KKR vs KXIP loss. He didn't care about rules or stuff. All he knew was his kid was hurt and he had to do something to ignite a smile on his kids face.

"Your knuckles are bleeding," a surprised exclaim from behind startled both of them and finally prompted Rahul to raise his head slightly to check on the source of yelp. He was actually displeased finding Dev and Washy starring at him wide-eyed and that the yelp prompted Virat to finally break the hug and check Rahul's knuckles all concerned, shooting, Rahul a very displeased look.

Rahul shot a withering glare towards Dev and Washy as Virat dragged and disposed Rahul on his bed. Virat didn't notice Rahul shooting glares after glares at Dev and Washy who fidgeted at their spots but refused to walk away. It was their big brother's room. They were staying, no, matter what a glaring being expected them to do.

"Did you fight someone?" Virat asked Rahul, still analyzing Rahul's bruised cracked knuckles very attentively and concernedly, if, at that moment someone noticed Virat's eyes closely. They would have found them glassy and hurt. It looked like Virat was the one in pain, not Rahul.

Getting no answer, Virat looked up slightly and found Rahul shooting glares at Dev and Washy, who, looked back at Rahul defiantly. No one seemed to win this war of wills.

"KL stop glaring at those poor kids," Virat admonished. " And how the hell did this happen? Did you fight something? Punch the wall or what?"

Rahul looked down grimacing.

Dev and Washy knew they shouldn't be smiling but they couldn't help it. Their big brother defended them, take it now "You big glaring being," both of them wanted to say sticking their tongues out. But kept their sentiments to themselves. They didn't want to get scolded next like a big meanie.