Not My Bestfriend (ABrat)

With the bundle of joy cradled in his arms. He hummed softly rocking her in his arms waddling around the house. It was two in the night and she was still not fully asleep, drowsy curious blue eyes fixed on him.

"sleep my sweet,"

"sleep"

He continued humming looking at the wonder in his arms. God's most precious gift to the world. His child. His world.

"I love you, my dear one. I love you more than you'll ever know. I'll love you, no matter what you do. I loved you before I even know your name. I loved you before I saw you and your pretty eyes. I loved you before I heard your voice. I love you and I'll hold you as long as you allow me. I love you, my darling child. I love you no matter what" He hummed and hummed, rocking her in his arms lovingly watching as the tiny fragile being, softly dreamed in his arms.

"I love you too much, baby girl and one day, you'll know all that," he whispered to the sweet sleeping child in his arms, softly, kissing her forehead as he settled on the rocking chair. Afraid to put his little girl back in the crib what if she wakes again? So, he settled himself and her on the rocking chair, keeping her head on his chest. 

He was just rocking lightly on the chair when his eyes noticed the large box kept on the table. The large amazon box full of baby products courtesy his brother from another mother. Dany was so happy and exasperated at the same time noticing the products sent to them while he didn't have any words remaining for that guy. No matter, what he says that guy'll do what he wants to do anyway. He couldn't help but smile remembering the absolutely childish glee and twinkling eyes of that cartoon as he boasted about his tiresome quest of searching, seeking and sending.

His idiotic biscotti!!!!

He can't imagine his life without that idiotic creature now and then there was a time when he decided to stay away from him because he thought that kid looked like danger. God, nowadays, he laughs at his first analysis of that kid. He can't be danger at all. He is such a goofball and not a punk at all.

Virat wasn't anything AB thought he was when he first saw him. Virat was a kid with an invincible exterior but that was just that an exterior, hiding the vulnerability of the whole world inside his glass heart and AB was glad to know the kid, the man and the legend too. He was glad to know both the kid and the King.

He still remembers the way, their friendship bloomed. The moment he got the first glimpse of the child behind that punkish exterior. They were in Chennai and Virat's room was next to his. Well, obviously he didn't know that fact until someone knocked at his door hours after midnight. Startled and surprisingly awake, he opened the door to find the guy he was actually trying to ignore staring at him sheepishly.

"Umm...sorry sir, did...did I wake you?" The guy asked him clearly mortified and embarrassed to death, flushing slightly as he absolutely refused to look in his eyes. He looked kinda like a drenched kitten to AB at that moment.

"ugh...No," AB said truthfully"And call me AB please," he added this feeling a little uncomfortable at being called sir like this.

The guy sighed in relief hearing at that and then looked at him totally uncertain.

"Umm...I can't sleep too. Do you mind if I..." the guy trailed off again looking totally uncertain how to phrase his question next as his hopeful wide eyes pinned themself on AB. Hoping, he'll get what he was trying to say without him actually speaking the whole thing.

"Sure! come in" AB said because he was really too much of a gentleman to shoo away any person pinning him with that totally helpless  gaze and even though he had decided to stay away from this guy.

That night AB learned about a kid who loved talking about MSD, cars and mean elder brothers. A kid who couldn't sleep because one of his elder brothers told him a haunted story about the room allotted to him and a kid who didn't have enough guts to walk till his friends rooms. So, he knocked on the room next to him and settled in trying to save himself from some imaginary malevolent spirits.

The next day onward AB found an over-excited guy attached to him. A guy who loved to exclaim "B" loudly to gain his attention and talk everything to him. He found himself getting a breakfast, lunch, dinner mate and also an over-excited guy dragging him and Chris to the dance floors and by the end of the 2011 IPL season. AB had become almost best buddies with the guy he had decided to avoid the whole season.

But it wasn't the fact that AB found most surprising. The most surprising part was him telling Virat abut Danny that kid was the first one to know about his girlfriend in his team and he also was the first guy to know about AB's proposal plans. The guy who suggested the brilliant idea of introducing the photographers and video guys as security.

"Well, I can't roam around without security tell them to dress as security. Dany won't be suspicious at all and I can tag along too to make it more believable," The guy who cheekily suggested this and then acted as if he wasn't at all aware of the proposal plan as he casually said "You're raising the bar too high for us,"

The idiotic goofball everyone thinks is his best friend.

But he isn't.

And AB feels tired of repeating the same words again and again. Virat isn't his best friend. He is so much more than that their relation is so much more than that of friendship. They're brothers who're also bestfriends and AB is tired of explaining this to the world. His and Virat's relation is one those of siblings who'll fight, compete with each other ferociously, call each other teasing name and remind each other like everyday that they were adopted but also love each other more than anything.

"Yes! he could even sledge Virat if it was required because at the end of it all. It won't be considered sledging at all. It'll be considered bullying by elder brother and that's what they were, that's what they had become through out the years.

Ram-Lakhan, as Virat liked to remind the world once and again.

Brothers!who'll always be there for each other through thick and thin.

Brothers! who'll always care for each other.

Brothers! who'll compete against each other but will always love each other.

They were brothers!

They were family!

And AB had realized it for the first time when he defended Virat with his all in front of his team. Each wrong assumption, each bad word directed to Virat seemed to slash his heart and burn that protea flame bright in his heart. He had never gotten so riled up hearing his mates speaking like that about someone as he had when they were sprouting rubbish about his Biscuit.

He realized it when the team looked at him whenever they wanted to complain about Virat.

He realized it when his single warning "Biscuit" could halt Virat's some utterly ridiculous ideas.

He realized it when Virat supported him when half of the world was against him.

Virat wasn't his best friend. He is his brother and he'll be his brother forever.

After all, Virat always relished and boasted about being "A god gifted  brother to him"

And AB might have rolled his eyes every time Virat brought this up.

He might have teased him back by saying, "more like a god gifted kid!"

But internally AB was really grateful for this brother, who also happens to be his best friend.

His idiotic biscotti who couldn't help himself from gifting things to others.

His goofball.

His little brother.

And AB will continue reminding the world of their brotherhood.

He'll keep on teasing Dale about more rights on Virat.

He'll keep on saying not my best friend.

It's something more.

~the end~