~kid's day out~

India had lost two back to back matches against Australia and the whole world had gone bonkers. Critics, ex-players, sports journalists, fans alike were after team India and their Captain. They didn't consider that the team was playing the one-day format after nine or so months. They didn't consider that it takes time to make the mental switch. Well, they didn't care much about anything beside winning.

But the same couldn't be said for the captain of the team, his priority were slightly different. Yes, as the Captain he  always wants to win but he did consider other things too. Winning was important, whenever, he stepped inside the ground his motto was clear; they were playing to win with all their heart and soul but outside the field, he considered the condition of his team, his most important priority.

Positive mindset, happy mental space and good environment was the most important concerns of the Indian team skipper. His team always have been the skip's most important priority. It couldn't be changed.

And the people who know even a little about Virat Kohli, knew well the kind of importance he gives to players mental space. Teammates, current and ex, both have mentioned about the team gatherings he arranged and the stuf, he did to make sure despite the games results his team was in a good space.

Virat had always given priority to mental health of players, when Maxwell took break from international cricket due to depression and bad mental frame.Virat Kohli came out and absolutely supported his decision, disclosing, he had gone through a similar phase.

So, it wasn't surprising that the skipper gave special attention to the mental frame of his team. Even though the world didn't quite care about injuries or mental state as long as they see trophies and good results, Virat cared a lot about these matters.

Even when he himself was facing a hailstorm of negativity, Virat was more worried about the mindsets of his brothers. So, after the second continues defeat, hell lot of negativity and sleepless nights,Virat was in his room getting berated by his elder sister.

Well, if you're an Indian kid you might be very familiar with this notion, when you get hurt, well stupidly get hurt, your parents and elders taunts and scolds you on the same topic for hours, well, Virat was facing the same situation.

In the last ten minutes or so, he had heard about a thousand times - "You've become too thin. Abhi tk khud ka khayal rkhna ni aaya, aisa lag raha hai kapdo ne tujhe pehna hai tune kapdo ko nhi! Khaana waana sb bhool gya kya tu? (You've not learnt to take care of yourself even now, look how you're looking it seems the clothes are wearing you not the other way around! Did you forget eating or what?). How many times, I've told you go out, enjoy, don't mop in the room and please, for god sake ignore those idiots!!!!!!!!"

"Yes DI!" Virat could just nod along obediently, hearing his elder sister rant angrily. Every younger sibling knew not to interfere at moments like this or it'll turn hazardous for their own health and Virat didn't actually dare argue at the moment. He listened everything obediently, not even trying to explain baggy shirts to his dear older sister and after, she was done ranting. She became his sweet sister again.

"Go out! Fresh air will help, enjoy yourself. Alright, baccha!" His sister told him and he nodded again, assuring her, he would do everything she told him too.

After disconnecting the call with his sister. Virat finally decided to act on the unsought advices poured on him, cooping themselves in their room wasn't doing anyone any good.

God, what was the benefit of the quarantine ending if they were going to stay locked in their rooms only? Deciding it can't go on like this. Well, he can't actually do anything for his hurt right now. He should pull on the facade and cheer up the rest of the team. Their positivity will automatically diminish his hurt. Plus, Jinks, Pujji and Ash had informed him that they were kinda taking their kids out, so, he should take his kids out too, right.