[Part E] 1. Confession.

~5 months before the previous chapter~

In life, there aren't many days
when things go your way
There are more days where it didn't go my way,
Will today be another of those days?
I'm pretty worried.

After I tell you these words,
I'm not sure if we can go back
to smiling like we are now
But I have to
I...

[I love you.]

The fireworks ended right when Seonghwa said that. Hongjoong's mouth dropped unintentionally, his eyes opened as he realised what the other just signed.
Thoughts overcame his head, the "whats" and "ifs" couldn't stop running so he turned and walked away processing the information, leaving 7 boys behind.

[Wait what the fuck happened? Where is Hongjoong hyung?] Yeosang asked Seonghwa once he noticed.

[I told him and he run away?] He had a confused look on his face, maybe his heart broke a little.

[Asshole, you should've waited for you two to be alone! We planned it like that!] Yeosang explained disappointed to his friend.

[But... It was the perfect moment... I thought it was.] Seonghwa lowered his head and Yeosang just grabbed his shoulders, the other 5 boys now surrounding him.

"Look," he talked while signing. "It's going to be okay. Just give him time, maybe it was too out of nowhere for him," He explained to calm his friend down.

"It's true it's true! He tends to overthink sometimes, just give him some time to analyse everything," Jongho came to help, he knew Hongjoong felt something for the older too.

"He hates being alone though, so he can't have gone too far," Yunho was the one to talk then. The seven boys stood there without knowing what to do until a voice climbed over the noisy town.

"I'm back," Hongjoong said in a tiny voice. Mingi went to his side to try and talk to him, but he kept on looking down, no words out of his mouth.

Like this, the night went off. Ignoring Seonghwa wasn't easy, but it just took to not speak in his direction or not letting him read your lips. Is not that Hongjoong wanted to ignore him, but he had to.

Fuck no he hadn't! He could just have said 'me too' and speak his truth. Of course he likes Seonghwa back, of course he does but he doesn't know if he's ready for a relationship. Not that the boy ever asked for one though.

He just said 'I love you'... And Hongjoong didn't know better than to run away and now he was ignoring him. What an asshole.

Suddenly, a song played on the distance. A band was playing in the town centre, the boys were walking in that direction.

I like you,
I tried holding it back
but I can't anymore
Now I can tell you,
I want to love~

The lyrics hit too close to home at that exact moment. He wished he could tell just that to Seonghwa, a simple 'I like you' would've been enough.

He was surrounded by his friends, the people he loves, so why can't he be himself and tell them how he was feeling right now?

Your eyes are shaking,
It's shaking up my heart~

<<If you are in love, if you feel sad, if you feel angry or if you feel happy you should be able to show them all to your loved ones...>>
He recalled that quote out of nowhere. Fuck, things like this messed up his brain.