[Part A] 1. I'm here, finally.

[A/N: Everything written in this work is fictional, nothing like this has happened in real life or with the people mentioned. Please look out my page for more works if you happen to like this one!!]

Wellcome to Part A of Love UnHeard

Finally! After all I worked, I found myself packing my luggage to head to the train station. A new chapter of my life began today:
Kim Hongjoong, 19, transfered student from 'Fine Arts university of Anyang' —the nearest public art University to my shitty neighbourhood— to 'Seoul National University of Fine Arts'. Wasn't that tittle amazing? A boy like me; born in rat's place, no help from his alcoholic parents and with financial issues... Going to the best Arts University in the whole Nation!

I'm not just excited, I'm pissing my pants. I'm so eager to experience this after my 19 years of surviving off the streets!
Because just by having a look at me, you could tell I didn't wear the most expensive clothes or eat the most delicious food...
By getting to know me a little better, you could guess my family life wasn't the greatest and that I wouldn't call any of my friends 'Best Friends'.
And maybe, if I had the guts to open up to you, you would realized how hard working yet shitty I am. And how in need of love my heart is. But we are forgetting about this for the moment.

Today is the happiest day of my life! I'm not getting eaten up by my thoughts today!
I'm not going to need to worry about food anymore, about paying the old rent lady or about finding good spots to skate because they have a massive skate park at Seoul!

It's all going to be fun and games there, the best years of my life. I'm going to be where I belong...
I grabbed my things and headed straight to the train station, a smile in my face all the way to Seoul.

-

Shit, why are all of them looking at me?

Okay okay, my clothes aren't as expensive as yours. My black shoes are worn out, this gray-green t-shirt has a hole near the collar bone, my pants are not tight blue jeans like all of you are wearing.
Maybe they aren't looking just at my cheap clothes...? Yes girl looking at my hair, I have a beautiful mullet, why do you look so disgusted by it? And yes guys all dressed up in fancy shirts, I'm holding a skateboard with one hand and my (probably) 100 year old luggage with the other. And yes everyone! My ears have been pierced more times than what you all have had to pay taxes!

My face for sure wasn't the friendliest one right now. But gosh, I just entered campus and everyone that passed by me gave me a strange look.
They all looked freshened up, well dressed and mannered... Wasn't this the Art school? Weren't all people here anarchist, law breakers and not caring of people appearances? At least that's what I dreamt about: A school filled with people like me.

Anyways, just find your way to the room that man told you and forget about the people here. I came here for my studies not to make friends...

WHO AM I LYING TO!? Of course I came to make friends too... But if everyone is a rich spoiled bitch I wouldn't know where to start!
Was my face getting red from thinking this much?

At the end of the corridor was my little apartment, 206A, and lucky me when I entered I only saw one bed. I threw myself to the soft matress after this long day of traveling, I was exhausted.

All my limbs hurt from carrying all my things; luggage, backpack, funny pack, the skate... Not like it is that much now that I think about it.
It is almost 8pm as I check in my phone, my mom had sent me a message.

Mom
make sure to let me know when you arrive Joong.

Me
I'm already here, just have to unpack. Don't worry much about me, I know how to look after myself after all

My childhood wasn't the best one... Not going to go into detail-because I don't even want to. But in a nutshell: alcoholic parents(they weren't as bad when sober), playing in the streets since I was a kid, learnt from the streets, no parents at home, no rules, no curfew, skate, vandalism, found joy in graffiti, smoking since young, following my parents path, realise I'm doing some things wrong, learn from my mistakes and studying hard to get here.

I think that summarised my life quite well.

Luckily for me, studying just came natural. I went to school by myself and always found it a little interesting. My 'friends' back at town would also say I was a natural at arts, always liked drawing in my desk when bored. So when I entered Uni I decided to give it my all and get the scholarship I always dreamt about. The big city, getting out of that rats hole I called home.

Not that rats where bad, indeed, I love rats. They are cute, if I could afford it I would have one don't get me wrong. I love animals, just if I had a little bit more money...

I unpacked my little belongings. Placing my clothes who just filled a third of the closet, the two pair of shoes I owned I positioned them at the foot of the bed. My skate just right beside the door to grab it when I'm leaving. I flowed my nightstand with keys, glasses, the funny pack, a book I was reading and more random little things I had. It's drawers I filled with socks, underwear and my smoking stuff such as lighters, rolling tobacco and grinders. To my disgrace, quitting smoking wasn't as easy as starting when I was 15.

The dorm had a bedroom and a tiny bathroom, that's it. There were dining rooms all around the dorms buildings, one in each of the two.
Or at least that's what I was told.

After this work, I decided to go check out the installations. I should find the dining room and it's hours-open if I wanted to make it to dinner.
I just went out without changing, I still got weird looks here and there. But luckily I saw some cool looking guys whom I could maybe befriend.

After a 20 minute walk around the place I saw where the gym and the dining room were. Outside were a sport place where you could play soccer or run at and little shops for us to not have to leave the installations.
Unfortunately it was way more expensive than what I thought.

My scholarship just payed for the dorm, 3 meals at the dining hall's daily menu and for 90% of the college fee. Along with the public places in the building like the gym, but I don't have money to buy tons of groceries or pay for extra lessons like volleyball or japanese. Even though I would love to. Maybe I could be the next Hinata if I had the chance to, what a lost opportunity...

It was now almost 10pm and I just decided to wander around the building's park, finding a good looking bench where I could just sit, smoke my night cig and listen to the music I loved.

"Ah, this feels just like home..." I mumbled to myself, hoping the days to come passed smoothly.
But when one of my favourite songs played on my used earphones, I realised it: I was alone at a place I didn't knew. I got no friends here, I practically know no one. My family is not here either. Maybe, just maybe, I wasn't as lonely back at home as I thought...

Every day at class there where people I knew, and in the afternoon I went out with my 'friends'. And yeah, as shitty as they(we) were, there are still the people I spent the most time with. And some Sundays, when my parents where sober, they did care about me.

My chest felt heavy.

"Now, I'm all alone".