[Part E] 5. Me & Us.

Seonghwa's eyes slowly opened, he was once again surrounded by white walls and unknown-now familiar- bedsheets. His head was banging, the back of his ear was in pain and he wore clothes that weren't his.

Just like yesterday, the day before that and the day before the day before that. How long had it been? One or almost two weeks, he didn't really know. He slept there for almost the whole day, are on the bed too. He sometimes got up to walk and don't lose all his strength, but his balance at the beginning wasn't catching up.

The surgery consisted of opening the aide of his head at the back of his ear and placing a wire from there to his inner ear, extremely near to the vestibular system (the organs and three little bones in charge of balance). Of course, he'll feel dizzy and for a couple of days, lose his stability from time to time and feel nauseous after doing too much movement.
His skull had been shaved sown to place a little machine in it, it was also normal for him to have daily headaches on the beginning.

He was much better now, waiting for the moment the doctors would tell him to dress on his clothes and leave.

From his window, he saw spring pass by, already in the middle of May. Flowers had bloomed and the trees were filled with bright green. He went down to the park just for a moment when Yeosang came to visit him, the smell of pollen was strong at the harder.

He barely recalled when he first woke up from the surgery, but he knew Hongjoong was there. When he woke up again-without heavy anesthesia rushing through his body-he was sleeping with his head lying at the foot of the bed. <<Cute>> Seonghwa thought.

The only day everyone came at the same time was that one, after he woke up they all entered. His six closest friends, his mum and dad and of course, Hongjoong. He felt so loved at that moment, seeing everyone worried and excited for the occasion.

Hongjoong came almost every day and the only day he failed to visit Seonghwa missed him like crazy. He placed his skate at the side of the bed ns kissed Seonghwa when he entered. One day he kissed him on the cheek, others on his forehead and sometimes on the lips.

The oldest wondered why, [You can kiss me on the lips whenever you like, why won't you?]

[I don't want you to get bored of my touch, ] the skater simply said, shrugging it.

[I could never, ]

He sometimes came with Yunho, Mingi or Jongho. San, Yeosang and Wooyoung came alone, in pairs or the three of them together. They played games or just enjoyed each other's company.

Out of his family members, the one who visited the most was his father, who twice came at the same time as Hongjoong.
His uncle and little cousins also came once to see him.

To be honest, he didn't have much time to be bored, with all the visits and making a new friend who was also recovering next to him the stance there was quite amusing.
Her name was Soojin, she was calm and easy to make laugh. Her face was round and sweet, a mole under his eye and she owned smooth black hair.
Soojin was too recovering from the same type of surgery as Seonghwa, she had it two days after him.

He didn't want to get out because the place was uncomfortable or he hated it in a way, he has never had problems with hospitals, having them more like a known place-he spent a long time here. He wanted to get out because that meant healing and putting to work what he came here for: Hearing.

He already wanted to hear his family and friends laugh, he wanted to talk and hear the words chirp in the morning like the books described. He wanted to hear something so loud his ears would explode. He also wanted to hear how whispering sounded, or how a person's voice changed when they shouted.
The cochlear implant wasn't going to make him hear like a hearing person, but they said he would be able to hear all of those things.

Finally, a nurse came into the white room with food on a tray. Okay, maybe Seonghwa missed cooking real food or Hongjoong's experimental dishes. He was a much better cook than his boyfriend but the smile on his lips when Seonghwa ate his food was ten times a better reward.

He then suddenly remembered the words the Doctor said to him yesterday after taking off the final stitches, his hair already growing back at the side of his head, "Be calling someone," She said. Seonghwa reminded seated at her statement.
"To drive you home tomorrow, I mean." She smiled clarifying.

He was getting discharged today! He couldn't wait, he just had to message his parents and wait a couple more hours until the doctor and the papers were ready.

Getting discharged didn't mean hearing yet, he had to wait another two or three weeks for that but it was the beginning. The beginning of a new life, one that was exactly as the life he had before but he was now a cyborg.
Just kidding, that's a joke he and Soojin made up for funsies.

He finished his breakfast in no time and saw the time, 10:47, almost time to go. The nurse told him he could start preparing to leave, that he could go change into the bathroom-carefully to not hurt himself-and go check out on reception.
So he did.

Soojin waved him goodbye, promising to meet later when she gets discharged. Seonghwa told her that he wanted to also meet her friends just how she met Hongjoong and Yeosang.

When he got to the reception he saw his mother already waiting for him, he went and hugged her. She placed a hand on his son's hair and patted it as if he was still a little kid.

[How are you feeling?] His mum asked.

[A lot better, I wanna go home and eat your food and oh- can we invite Hongjoong over? I want to see him!] To be a 20-year-old guy, he sure wasn't acting like it. But what could he say, he was so excited to see outside world after almost two weeks. It doesn't sound much, but laying on the same bed for 12 days with headaches and nausea made them feel like 2 months.

[Calm down sweetheart, let's go buy your medicines first, ] She laughed as she took his only son to her car.

The almost feeling, the time was almost here. And all his friends and family were with him-not right now, I mean supporting him. He felt thankful and amazed at how much love he was receiving, even a little overwhelmed, but it all was worth it.

After spending the day with his family on their house and sleeping in the bed he used to when he was younger, he went back to the dorms at Uni when the week started. Receiving 'Hello's and congratulations here and there, his classmates and professors welcoming back with warm smiles. And when the day was about to finish, worried he wouldn't know of Hongjoong once again-he hadn't received a message from him since he last saw him on Thursday, one day before he got out of the hospital-the light to his doorbell lit up.

He went to get it, opening the door to a messy Hongjoong, the mullet boy had sweat dripping down his face and little to no breath. He panted some seconds before finally looking up to Seonghwa and carefully embracing him with all the power he had left.

The course of his disappearance wasn't important right now, the important thing was Seonghwa. How much Hongjoong loved Seonghwa, how much Seonghwa missed Hongjoong, how much Hongjoong missed Seonghwa and how much Seonghwa loved Hongjoong.

That was it.

For now, the only important things were love a and hearing. Tomorrow maybe it'll be about something different, but that day was about just those two things.

Like that, after a tedious small wait, they slept on the same bed again. Hongjoong whispered in the dark night, one more time, without Seonghwa knowing: I love you.

A/N: Eyooo guys I love you, have a great day. I personally love this chapter.

I also changed the last chapter title bcs ksnsnsnsbdbsj you know?..