[Part E] 2. Just say yes.

Hongjoong made a promise to himself to stop overthinking this situation, to just go for it and let time decide. So he did.

Two days later, after collecting the courage to go to Seonghwa's dorm, he faced the door nervous of the following. But he had no choice, he promised it to himself. Just how the first time, he found himself in the older's door waiting for him to open, wanting to say something.

The weather was finally warming up as March 22 approached hand in hand with Spring. It was the perfect season to confess right?
The door opened.

Seonghwa stood there but unlike the first time, he started blushing like crazy.
[...What are you doing—]

Hongjoong took the older's hands. Wasn't he supposed to just confess too? Then why was he getting closer to the Seonghwa? A kiss... A kiss wouldn't hurt, right? They've done it twice already, this may help, right?

Sadly he backed off, Seonghwa was beyond confused when the shorter disappeared from the frame and hid behind the wall. He popped his head out of the door frame and turned to him with a smile.

[You know I can still see you right?] The other didn't look at him, he was to focus on his breathing trying to calm down.

"Hongjoong!" Seonghwa shouted (even tho he doesn't want to). The shorter turned his gaze go him,  little timid and surprised by the voice of the other.

"Yes sir!" He said straightening his posture as a soldier would, making Seonghwa laugh instantly with his cuteness.

[Come closer, ] he signalled. Hongjoong neared shyly with little steps until Seonghwa grabbed his shit and pulled him centimetres from his face. Fuck that was hot... And cute, somehow?

Their breaths mixed up and out of nowhere a rush of confidence filled Hongjoong's actions, disappearing just right after. He gave Seonghwa a peck, lifting himself on his feet and quickly leaning down to hug him embarrassed.

The taller hugged back seconds latter a little surprised, both their faces as red as warm blood. Hongjoong broke the hug to look at Seonghwa again, freeing his hands.

"Huhhhhh... Maybe..." He started.
[Do you wanna be my boyfriend?] His eyes sparkled. The feeling on his stomach was going to make him puke or die, one of the two. But he did his best to contain the nervousness inside.

Seonghwa could just smile, his heart was going to give him a stroke, he swore the air just got hot out of nowhere. He wasn't answering because he was shocked, he thought he'll be the one to sign that but the mullet boy was faster.

[Wh-what am I supposed to say if I want us to be boyfriends?] The talked asked nervous and filled with joy, his smile was so big it went up to his ears.

"Just say yes!" The other said while signing desperately. His smile was just as bright as the sun.

[The... Yes, ] he simply signed. Not able to pronounce the words due to his burning smile and burying the shorter into another hug.

They were smiling to life and life was smiling back just as much.

They spent the entire day together. Awkwardly at first, Seonghwa invited Hongjoong in and thanked whoever made San be gone for the whole day.

First, they watched a movie together, all curled up on the sofa basically one on top of each other. Of course, they saw Shrek, the second one because it's the best one.

Then, they cooked together some samgyeopsal
and ramen, making a mess on Seonghwa's kitchen. Laughs and jokes filled the whole dorm, Hongjoong silently wished for Seonghwa to be able to hear his own laugh and the later just wanted to be able to hear Hongjoong's, maybe someday...