[Part T] 2. Twenty.

{A/N: bro I'm sorry but that cake is so fucking hilarious and dark at the same time sos}

The week went by fast, perhaps too fast. His birthday was tomorrow and he had no idea what to do. He was the only one who knew, so he thought celebrating alone wouldn't be that bad, or simply taking it as a normal day. At the same time, he wanted to tell Jongho, Mingi, and Yunho and make a small party but he was hesitant, he knew them for a short time-Except for Jongho. Even when he was now a part of their friend group, he wasn't as close.

He was daydreaming, debating whether if he should tell them or not right now, at the dining hall. "You good?" Asked Mingi upon seeing Hongjoong looking at the walls. He just nodded and went back to eating.

"He's awfully quiet today." Mingi turned to Jongho and whispered to him. The younger covered his mouth and got near his friend's ear.

"It's his birthday tomorrow, I think he doesn't know I remember." The taller mouthed an 'O' acknowledging. "He's turning 20."

"What if we throw him a party on Saturday?" Mingi said as lowly as possible, trying hard for Hongjoong not to hear them.

"They are whispering, should we whisper too?" Yunho leaned to Hoongjooong, who just ignored him and kept eating.

Seonghwa then passed by with his tray of food, giving a warm, friendly smile to Hongjoong. He walked some tables away to eat with his friends.

Since Monday, the two sat together in anatomy and painting class, just how Seonghwa wanted.

A gleam crossed his mind like a shooting star, he recalled what the shorter said: My birthday is this weekend.

[It's Hongjoong's birthday this week.] He announced to his friends.

"And?" San raised an eyebrow.

[We could throw a party for him.] The older signed with a bright look o his eyes. Yeosang smiled seeing his friend this excited.

"We could buy a cake, or even bake it ourselves! But we don't know what he likes..." Wooyuoung talked and signed, inspired.

"I think we should ask his friends first, maybe they have something planned." Yeosang spoke some sense before going any further in the conversation.

"We are gonna waste our weekend with that kid?" San crossed his arms irritated.

[He's my age, so it's your hyung's birthday.] Seonghwa teased.

-

Lunchtime came to an end and both groups got up to leave, but just as Mingi stood up someone grabbed him from the sleeve and pulled him back. He turned to see a boy with long, blond hair and big, brown, round eyes signaling to stay quiet. He looked short of shy, he spoke vacillating, stuttering a little.

"Y-you are friends with Hongjoong, right?" The taller nodded confused.

"Why?" he frowned.

"Some friends and I are his classmates and were th-thinking of hum... throwing a small party. But we wanted t-to know if you already planned something with him..." The shy boy explained a little intimidated by the sharp glare of the tall man in front of him. Then he smiled and giggled, his scary facade vanished.

"Oh, you're his friends too! I thought you were a weirdo grabbing me out of nowhere. And yes we already thought of doing something, do you have classes now?" The blondie shook his head. "Perfect! So let's plan it together and..."

-

Saturday arrived, the plan was simple. Jongho and Yunho had to take Hongjoong out of his dorm at 5 pm.