[Part Z] 3. Head empty

20 January, 2021

I HAVE NO TIME FOR INTRODUCTIONS. TODAY MY DOCTOR SAID TO ME— OKAY SO I WENT FOR A CHECK-UP IN THE HOSPITAL, THAT'S WHAT HE SAID ON THE E-MAIL.

BUT BOY WAS I FOOLED, TRICKED, TROLLED EVEN. BY MY OWN DOCTOR.

so, So, SO—

I DON'T EVEN KNOW HOW TO WRITE RIGHT NOW, HOW TO EXPRESS THIS FEELING???

So I'm on the hospital, ready for a check-up you know?????? And I enter the room, and my doctor is looking at me dead serious, with a nurse by her side, she goes: I have news.
I was like: What is going on? Bad news? Am I gonna die tomorrow? Maybe, who knows. But those were not the news.

A sudden smile appeared on her face, I was so confused. She then said, "Remember the thing you always wanted when you were a kid?"

What did she mean?  The Shrek plushie? The New York cheesecake? The whole saga of Percy Jackson? MA'AM, WHAT IS IT?
I shook my head, I couldn't pinpoint what she was talking about.

"Well, I'll give you a clue," I read her lips. She walked to her desk and googled something, smiled at me and turned the computer screen so could see it, a document with a scan of my ear and... brain? I don't know, I can't read scans. I'm just a normal person, not a doctor major, please.

But then my mind flipped and I connected the dots.

Not long ago the doctors told me to come to do some studies of my case(that is a rare one since they couldn't find the cause of why I started going deaf at 4), they said they had good news, that with this last scan they may be able to see what went wrong and even fix it.

Was this what they were telling me? That they could make me hear again? Was this the news?

I opened my mouth in shock, looking at the doctor as if asking: Is this what I think it is?
She nodded.

"We are getting you hearing aids, Seonghwa." She said. I felt my eyes sparkle in joy and blood going up my face at an unhealthy speed. I'll admit it, maybe some tears— what am I saying?
I CRIED LIKE A FUCKING BABY.

I'M GETTING HEARING AIDS.

What do you think I did when I got the news?
Cal my mom? My dad? NO. My mind just went to Hongjoong and I texted I'm as if my life depended on it—it kinda does.

Me
YOU

GUESS WHAT

gnoojgnoH
I'm bad at guessing games boi :/

Me
try

gnoojgnoH
mmmmh 💆

idk :'/

Me
I AM

I AM GETTING HEARING AIDS

gnoojgnoH
no nO NO WAITTTTT

WHAAAAAAAAAAT

Me
I AM LITERALLY CRYING

gnoojgnoH
STOP IM GONNA CRY TOO

Me
DHDNSKKS NOOOOOOO
😭😭😭😭

I SWEAR IM GONNA COMBUST

gnoojgnoH
SEONGHWA, WHERE ARE YOU?