[Part T] 4. Merry... well, not so marry.

{A/N: Deaf people, like every other person that communicates, have a series of things they do along with signing. They mouth the words, associate specific face movements or expressions with things like questions or words... Expressing what you are signing is really important.

Also, I'm learning and educating myself while I write this, I check and check again to make sure what I write is right and isn't offensive. Please let me know if something came out as rude or simply untrue. Thanks in advance. }

"____" spoken.
[____] signed.
"____" written.

-

It was literally freezing, Seonghwa had to wear a long sleeve shirt, another one, a hoodie and a long coat and he was still frostbitten. Snow covered the streets of Seoul, no birds sang at this time of the year. The only songs you could hear were Christmas carols and Maria Carrey. Seonghwa didn't care about that though.

The black-haired boy walked to his dorm after a weekend with his family. 25th of December was almost here, they had one week left of classes before the Christmas holidays. He had something in mind but wasn't sure whether to do it or not.

His phone vibrated, he had a message.

gnoojgnoH
eyo Hwa

wanna come later to keep
watching that show?

We don't have class tomorrow
till 11

Me
just came back from my house, will
be there in two minutes ✌️☠️

gnoojgnoH
lmao k

I made dinner

--

He locked his phone and placed it on his pocket again. A smile grew on his lips, unconsciously. The other day he told Hongjoong about his sexuality, and as awkward as the moment became, he didn't treat him any different after. He was just the same smiley rat. Seonghwa ment rat as a compliment, he loves rats.

He walked to Hongjoong's dorm, excited to keep watching the series—or the boy. He had things to tell him.

He knocked at his friend's door and the younger opened in no time. Seonghwa sat on the couch and Hongjoong went for a glass of water, giving it to the older as he sat beside him.

"I have a question."

[I have a question.]

Both said at the same time. They looked at each other, signalling the other to go ahead, but neither of them continued. Finally, Hongjoong dared to speak.

"So like, I hope this doesn't annoy you, but since when did you in the know you were gay?" He said, regretting his actions as he spoke.

The older tilted his head, [When?] He didn't have an answer to that question. Since when he knew? He always has known.
[I don't know.] Seonghwa signed easily when he was with Hongjoong as if he was a little child learning to speak.

"Oh, I see... Sorry, it was a stupid question."

[It's okay...]

"You wanted to tell me something?" Hongjoong quickly changed the topic. Trying not to make the situation more awkward. The black-haired snapped his fingertips and took out his phone, he almost forgot the reason for his visit.

"You know Christmas is coming right? I thought you could spend it with me since you said you didn't want to go back with your parents."

Hongjoong looked up to him, a mixture of disbelief and excitement on his face. He hadn't had the time to repay for his birthday present and Seonghwa was already giving him another one. How could he be this thoughtful?