[Part E] 3. Nervousness.

The sun peeked from the thin translucent white curtains on Seonghwa's room. The light strokes hit the bed and warmed certain parts of their bodies. When one of them got to Seonghwa's face he slowly woke up, a tiny man with his cheek on his chest. Once again, immense happiness travelled his body as he recalled yesterday events and realized it wasn't all a dream.

He kissed the top of his head, smelling his hair and ruffling it after. Hongjoong woke up because of the gentle touch, he knew who owned those hands.

"Good morning" Hongjoong mumbled as he fixed their position to be able to hug the older. A thought came through his mind... <<What if I shower him in kisses? Will that be too much? But I really want to... Fuck it, I'm doing it>>.
So he did it. He cupped the older's face and covered him with kisses.
Seonghwa smiled widely, the kisses tickled and he was trying to playfully kiss Hongjoong back.

This was the joy people described as the first phase of love: Falling in Love – Limenerence.

In 1979, Dorothy Tennov coined the term “limerence” for the first stage of love, characterized by physical symptoms (flushing, trembling, palpitations), excitement, intrusive thinking, obsession, fantasy, sexual excitement, and the fear of rejection.

Although that last point looked to be over with, it wasn't at all. The fear of rejection at any point was still there, what if it was the heat of the moment or a stupid decision Hongjoong made? What if Seonghwa loses interest in him after a week? The thoughts were there, at the back of his head, but both ignored them and continued to trust each other.

"St-stop it!" Hongjoong said between laughs as Seonghwa kissed his neck—

"Yah guys wake up it's almost laun— Oh sorry doesn't know you were already on top of each other!" San said and got out of the room as soon as he finished announcing.

Hongjoong buried his head on the pillow embarrassed, Seonghwa tapped his shoulda and asked what happened. He didn't hear San enter.

[San just entered and saw us] He was blushing timid but his smile and giggles never left. [He said it's almost lunchtime and to wake up, ] he finished.

Seonghwa nodded and kissed his forehead one last time before getting up and stretching his whole body, making a little noise that Hongjoong found adorable. He also got out of bed, wearing Seonghwa's black t-shirt and grey shorts as pyjamas.

The taller took his phone and went through his notifications, Hongjoong stepped his way to Seonghwa's side like a baby penguin.
Suddenly the oldest jumped and celebrated, throwing his hands in the air and hugging Hongjoong as tightly as possible, a squeaky laugh escaping his lips cutely.

[Wait what's going on?] The shorted smiled at him. Seonghwa showed him his phone, an e-mail showed.

To: park_seonghwa@gmail.com
From: soulhospital.access@gmail.com

Subject: Day and hour for Cochlear implant surgery.

Dear Park Seonghwa,
We are here to confirm that it is going to be possible to perform surgery on your hearing.
After exhausting examinations, we told you it'll be possible to do it, and you later told us you wanted to get the surgery.

We are glad to tell you that the exact hour and date of your surgery has already been set. We will welcome you to the operating room on the 26 of May, at 10:05 am.
The payments and taxes will be talked about in the future, for now, enjoy your time before the operation and contact us if you have any doubts.

Please come to a medical exam on the 20 of May, 08:00 am prior the surgery to check everything is correct.

Sincerely, Seoul Main Center Hospital.