[Part E] 4. You & Me.

"Patient Park Seonghwa ready for the surgery room, he is not allergic to any kind of anesthesia-" Hongjoong heard a nurse say as her voice faded away along with Seonghwa's frame, who was lying down on a stretcher with needles already on his arms. The shorter waved his last goodbye.

Finally, April 24, the day of his surgery. Hongjoong wasn't-very-worried, just a little bit. He knew the surgery wasn't difficult and it had been done thousands of times before. But even though the doctors told him not to suffer while his boyfriend was in there, he couldn't avoid it.
He searched for side effects some days ago, and they didn't sound fun. Thing's such nerve damage, dizziness, balance problems, ringing in your ears, leaks of the fluid around your brain, even hearing loss.
Luckily enough they got him vaccinated for meningitis, even though it's unlikely to happen, it's better safe than sorry.

He sat down in the waiting room, knowing the surgery would take longer than two hours or even up to four, he didn't care, he would wait until Seonghwa was finished and receive him with a big smile. Or so he thought.

Twenty minutes passed and he felt a body crush beside him. He got out of his busy mind and looked up, it was the one and only Jeong Yunho. He provided Hongjoong with the widest smile.

"How is it going? He's in already?" He asked curiously with puppy eyes. Hongjoong nodded nervously, his leg trembling unconsciously.
"You are nervous," Yunho said in a sing-song tone, joking around. "It's gonna be okay," he assured the shorter preaching his thigh with his big hands in a friendly manner, getting him to stop trembling.

"W-why are you here anyway?" He stopped to think, "Shouldn't you be in class?"

"You said it, should." He shrugged making the problem unimportant. "I thought making your company was a better idea," he smiled, "I don't want you to be here waiting for three hours until he comes out," the taller explained.
"What about going for breakfast? I'm sure you didn't have anything," he sat up.

"But Yunho, what if we are gone and he gets out of the operating room and I'm not there?" Hongjoong ain't got up from his chair.

"Well be back before he is out, this place is just going to make you more nervous, c'mon, Jongho and Mingi are waiting for us outside," Yunho said grabbing the order's arm and dragging him out.

They left the white hospital, as Yunho said, Jongho and Mingi waited outside ready to go have some breakfast. The morning wasn't cold and the sun shined bright in a clear sky, calming Hongjoong down as the four walked towards a near coffee.

Once there, the atmosphere stopped being as tense as Hongjoong ate the first meal of his day. Enjoying the warm milk with cocoa Yunho invited him to. The rest had coffee and some baked food.

"You eat like a five-year-old Hyung," Mingi pointed out.

"I mean, when he eats, he does eat like a child who loves sweets," Jongho explained in a friendly way, although he might be worried in the inside he didn't dare to say it, in case it hurt Hongjoong in any way.

"You guys have coffees, that's literally a drug," He joked.

"I mean he's not wrong," Mingi thought.

"Sugar is also a drug," Jongho cleared his throat and said as a matter-of-factly.

"Anyways, was Seonghwa Hyung nervous for the surgery?" Mingi asked.

Hongjoong nodded sipping from his hot milk.
"He said he was excited mostly, he's finally getting his hearing back after all," Hongjoong smiled after remembering what happened that morning.

The two were sleeping until the alarm on both phones went off at the exact same time. Just to make sure, they decided to set an alarm in both phones in case one didn't work.
Ah, just if you were wondering because Seonghwa can't hear, why would he set an alarm? Well guys, simple, he sets it in vibration mode next to his pillow. He is an easy sleeper after all.