[Part Z] 7,5. Son.

"Oh, don't even take your jackets off, we're eating out." His mom's said clearly after hugging her son tight. Hongjoong asked if it was really okay to eat out on a day like this, but his mother only nodded and took her coat.

The four of us walked somewhere under the winter sun, though I didn't know the destination. Hongjoong and I followed behind the other two in complete silence - Not as if I cared, it's always silent for me -.

His brother turned around and looked to Hongjoong, then to me, and finally back to his little brother again saying something to him I couldn't catch. The shorter by my side answered with a smile appearing on his lips. When his brother smiled back I saw how identical their features were.

[What were you talking about?] I asked once his brother got back to their mom in front of us.

[He asked if I was having fun there, ] he explained. I nodded without knowing what to say next. Luckily I didn't have to, [We are going to a cheap place, I hope you don't mind...]

[What? No! I don't care at all...] we didn't talk much more.

As I watched his family in front of me I recalled the thousand stories he had told me about them, one's where they were drunk and others where they played games together.

Hongjoong claimed that his parents, when sober, were not bad, but it was the alcohol that made them assholes and stupid. Little by little, the alcohol affected them when they were sober too, it's what they call long term effects. He said they weren't the most open-minded people and told me to be careful about talking about my sexuality. He then corrected himself, saying that maybe now we didn't have to be that careful, since his father was gone.

We arrived at a small restaurant in no time and took our seats and orders. If I'm being honest, in that instant, it felt as if we were just a family having lunch, a normal everyday family of a mom and her three sons. We didn't look like a deaf out-comer, an alcoholic mother and two sons who just lost their father.

When the food arrived we all started eating almost exchanging cero words. It wasn't the best I ever tried, but it wasn't as bad as other people made it to be.

Hongjoong was eating at my right, and since he has ordered something different from me I was about to ask him for some. Before I could do that I took notice of his mom raising her phone and probably taking a picture of us, the brightest smile on her lips.

"What? why did you take a picture?" Hongjoong whined something like that and his mom's lips read "Because it's the first time we are eating out together,"

After lunch, Hongjoong wanted us to hang out with his old friends before we did what we came here to do. At first, I noticed them making fun of me, but as soon as Hongjoong told them off they treated me well.

They weren't bad kids, just raised by bad parents. After that, they even asked me to teach them some sign language.

I tried skating again, and oh my god I'm fucking horrible. I fell and fell and fell again, thank Gods Hongjoong was there to catch me once or twice! if it wasn't for him I wouldn't be able to sit properly now.

I noticed how he acted a little different with this friends, not being as open or carefree like when he was with us. In a way, I understood why, and maybe I felt proud of the fact he only was his real self when he was with us.
He was himself with both, but a different one, I don't know if you understand what I'm trying to write...

But the time was approaching and Hongjoong knew we had to go, even when he didn't want to. I dragged him apart from them a little.

[We gotta go now, it's getting dark, ] I said as careful as possible.

[But... Okay yeah, ] He gave up and looked down, turning one last time and saying goodbye to his friends and started to walk before me.

I followed in silence, he had his hands on the pockets just like me. Once we were lost from the other's sight I caught up with him and the first thing I thought of doing was giving him a back hug. I felt him tense up for a millisecond, but he continued walking with me at his back.

"Kim Seojung (1972-2021)"  It read on the plate.

I looked at Hongjoong who had glossy eyes. He kicked lightly a rock that hit his fathers grave. "He was an asshole," He said first under his breath and once more looking at me so I could read his lips.
"If he was an asshole them why am I feeling sad?"

I just looked at him, he was broken. I didn't know the answer. Why would he feel like that towards someone that ruined his life? Maybe it was because he gave it to him.
The only thing I could do is look at him with understanding and welcoming eyes.

He bent down and took a sharpie out of his pocket, writing something without any hesitation. He got up and before I could see it he placed himself in front of me.

"You know what?" He started, [My mom called you son, ] I nodded.
[It's the first time I introduce a friend to her, it's also the first time we go out to eat like this... I normally avoid everything related to my parents, like coming here. She doesn't know shit about you and still called you son. But today we both went to spend time with her... I don't know, maybe she that's why I missed them.] He shook his head, "Fuck I don't even know shat I'm saying,"

I placed both my hands on his shoulders, "Family is family Hongjoong, never forget."
He was surprised to hear my voice, and I swear I saw his cheeks go red.

"I know Seonghwa, I know..."

That night was cold and foggy, our clothes weren't enough and we shivered a little. The sky was clear and in this small town the stars were visible.

Before turning and going, I looked over to the tomb again curious of what he wrote there.
I was wrong though, he didn't write anything, he just drew a small flower right beside his name, there already were two other real flowers on it.

A rose from his wife,
a poppy from his oldest son,
and a drawing of a daisy from his younger son.

I followed him after smiling at it for the last time.

A/N: I may have a present for you guys on the 24th 🥴🥴🥴

also, Immortal songs killed me