Chapter 22

There was a soft knock on the door, and I wiped my eyes and got up. "If it's you Harry, please just-"

"It's not Harry, please just let me in." Liam said through the door. I cautiously opened it and was embraced by Liam.

"I'm so sorry." He said. My eyes started to fill with more tears and I was unable to speak. "Harry wasn't trying to humiliate you, he just wanted to make a point. He loves you Presley, he never stopped. He made some huge mistakes, but he loves you more than you'll ever know."

"I love him too." I sobbed. "I just can't deal with this right now." Liam led me by the arm to the couch.

"I know, I know." He said, wrapping a comfortable arm around my shoulder. "That's how I felt with Danielle, until I realized I couldn't live without her." When I didn't say anything, he sucked in a breath. "Just talk to him. That's all that needs to be done. Tell him what's bothering you."

"Okay." I whispered. He took his arm off my shoulder and got up.

"Want me to get him?" He asked, reaching for the doorknob.

I nodded. He opened the door and stepped out, not shutting it all the way. A few seconds later a curly head of hair emerged through the door. He stepped in and shut the door behind him.

Immediately Harry started talking. "Presley I—“

“No, Harry. Let me talk.” He got silent and took a seat on the opposite end of the couch. “Harry, it really hurt when I saw you kiss that girl on live television.” He started to say something but I shushed him again. “Please, just listen to me.” He stopped trying to talk and I cleared my throat. ”I don’t know if you knew her or not, but either way, it still hurt. After I called you and told you to fix things, I thought, ‘Harry can do this, he’s amazing.’ And you are. You are so amazing, but you weren’t able to fix our relationship. After I hung up the phone that night, I admit, I was unfaithful. I kissed Alexander. I don’t know why I did, or what came over me, but it didn’t feel right. Harry, I love you. So much it hurts, if you really love me too, I want you to prove it. If you don’t love me, then you can get up and walk out of here. I read that letter you sent to Alexander, and it showed me that you might love me. Please, just show me something, anything.”