Chapter 38

Alana anxiously tapped her fingers on the dashboard. The radio was down and neither of us were speaking. Her tapping got louder and faster with every second that passed by. "Oh my gosh. Can you please stop tapping your fingers?" I asked her, getting annoyed. 

"Presley, why are we even here?" She asked, finally stopping the tapping. "We're not friends with her. Why did you even forgive her?"

I sighed and rolled me eyes. "First, she came to me apologizing. I doubt that ever happens. Second, I have no reason to be mad at her. Harry and I are back together, and she hates him. Besides, she lost her boyfriend to all of this, so I want to help her get him back."

Alana sighed and turned her head towards her window, which faced the house that Olivia had gone into ten minutes before. "Do you think he kidnapped her?" She asked, turning back to me. I shrugged. "Maybe we should go get her."

I raised my eyebrows. "Oh, now you care about her." She grunted and pushed her door open. I did the same and we both headed for the house. 

"If he tries to kidnap one of us, I just want you to know that I'm going to run and leave you and Olivia behind." Alana said as we approached the door.

"Some best friend you are." Alana lightly knocked on the door, before quickly stepping behind me. We could hear voices on the other side, but no one came to the door. 

"Well, we tried. She's long gone by now." Alana said, trying to turn and go back to the car.

"Yeah, no." I said, grabbing a hold of her sleeve and pulling her back. I twisted the doorknob, seeing that the door was unlocked. 

"That is really not safe." Alana said from behind me. "People should always lock their doors."

I ignored her remark, pushing the door open. We could hear the faint hum of voices somewhere in the house. I slowly stepped in, careful not to make any loud noises. There was a long hallway with one door at the end of it. There were separate break-offs from the hall, leading probably to a kitchen or bathroom. I slowly walked down the hall, pausing at every break-off to see if I could find Olivia. 

When I reached the end of the hallway, standing in front of the door, I could hear Olivia's voice and a mans voice. Alana and I both put our ears to the doors.

"Why don't you believe me?" Olivia said.

"Because, you kissed another boy. You cheated Olivia. I can't forgive you for that." The man said.

"Seriously Braydon? He kissed me. I had nothing to do with it." 

Before Alana or I could hear anymore, I quickly pushed Alana away from the door. I continued to push her down the hallway, back towards the front door.

"Hey!" She protested against me. "It was just getting good! What are you doing?" I opened the front door and pushed her outside.