Chapter 42

I rubbed my eyes, the sound of rain on the pavement waking me up. I missed the sound of rain. It didn't rain much in Oregon, and surely not in L.A. When it did rain in Oregon, I would always sit on my porch and watch, something about it always seemed so captivating. I rolled on my side to see that Alana was not there. Her half of the bed was neatly made. I furrowed my eyebrows and threw back the covers, trudging over to the door. I swung it open to find our hotel room empty. I frowned and walked further, into the kitchen. There was a note folded on the counter, I reached for it before I heard a sneeze come from the couch. I forgot the note and walked to the couch, where Harry was sprawled out, playing on his phone.

"Bless you." I said rolling over the top of the couch and landing on top of Harry. He set him phone down in the ground and wrapped his arms around me.

"Good morning," he said, kissing my head. I leaned up and kissed his lips.

"Good morning, where is everyone?" I asked him.

"They went out to breakfast, they left a note, knowing that you and I were up late. By the way, thanks for waiting up for me." He said smiling, his dimples visible. I kissed him once more and he put his hand on the back of my neck, pulling me towards him.

He kissed me harder than before. "Hey," I said, pulling away a little bit. "I just got out of bed and probably have terrible morning breath." He rolled his eyes and pecked my lips. I laid my head down on his chest, listening to his heart. He ran his fingers through my hair, making me smile. "Are you going to tell me why you ditched out on us last night?" I asked him.

He groaned. "Yes, as long as you promise not to tell the boys, at least, not yet." I sat up off him and looked at him. He sat up too but pulled me into his lap.

"Why not?" I asked him, getting concerned.

"It's really not that big of a deal." He said. I grabbed his hand and waited for him to tell me. "That man last night, has been pestering me for so long to have a meeting with him. I didn't want to do it last night, but I felt bad for always putting the meeting off. He talked to me about how great of a singer I am, and how much potential I have, and then, he asked me if I would consider going solo. Which means leaving One Direction, my four best friends who I have grown to love." He said. I brought his hand to my lips as he talked, knowing that he was getting frustrated.

"What did you tell him?" I asked him.

"I told him no, of course. There's no way I would leave One Direction. There's no way I could leave the boys, or let the fans down like that. Absolutely no way." He said, but he still sounded upset.

I looked up into his eyes. "Then why are you still upset?" I asked.

"Because, when he asked me to go solo, I actually considered it. I actually thought about leaving the group and becoming just Harry, not Harry from One Direction." He said before he pressed his forehead to mine and closed his eyes. "I don't want to go solo, I'm disgusted that I even considered it." He inhaled a gust of air and kissed my forehead. "After he had talked to me, I went and sat alone at the table we were sitting at before you guys left. I sat there and thought about what it would be like if I left One Direction. It honestly sounds terrible going solo. It really does."