Chapter 23

I shut my laptop and laid back on my bed. No matter how hard I tried to make another video, I just couldn't get it right. It was awkward just sitting in my room by myself and I didn't know how to tell my fans how sorry I am for not making a video in months.

My parents and Stevie were at the hospital, unfortunately they told me to go home. I had sat outside of that hospital room for days, not knowing what was going on. Last I heard, Judd was doing great and they might not have to do the complicated surgery they would have to do.

The worst thing about being home on this day while my family is at the hospital? Today is Christmas. I don't think my parents forgot, but I surely did. It wasn't until I tried going grocery shopping and saw a sign on the door reading 'CLOSED FOR THE HOLIDAYS. WILL BE BACK ON THE 26TH' I had to check my phone to see what the date was, and when I saw it was Christmas, my mouth dropped open. I didn't get anything for Judd. I still thought I had a couple of days.

I sat back up and opened my laptop again. I typed in Walmart.com and immediately started searching for a decent present. I look through Transformers and Hotwheels, neither of which Judd really likes. I finally settled on a plain basketball. It wasn't much but Judd loves basketball.

I clicked on ADD TO BASKET and left it there. I would order it tomorrow, I told myself. I closed my laptop and set it on the ground by my bed. I stared at the empty walls, thinking back to when they were filled with posters. Back when I didn't host a tv show and didn't have to worry about getting back to LA in time for our next show. My phone buzzed on my bedside table, breaking me away from my thoughts. 'Be back the 29th, Kim Kardashian is going to be on the show. She especially can't wait to meet you, Presley -Cook' the text read. Lucky me, I thought. As much as I really want to meet Kim Kardashian, I really don't. When we first started doing the show and Mr. Cook said we got to choose who was on our show, yeah he lied

I set my phone down and closed my eyes. I could feel myself starting to doze off. Finally, I thought to myself, I haven't had a good sleep in weeks. I've been too caught up with everything. Harry and I are still friends, but I keep feeling that I want to be more. I love him yes, but I hate what he did. He's tried making it up to me multiple times, but we both know its going to take more. A couple of days before he had to go back home, we were both here, he insisted on coming back and seeing Judd and also to make sure I was alright. I was sitting in that same hospital chair, when he came down the corridor. I watched his figure as it came closer. "C'mon." He said.

"What?" I asked looking up at him with my knees pulled to my chest.

"I have a surprise for you." He held out his hand and I just stared at him. How could he have a surprise for me? I thought he just left to go to the bathroom not get a surprise for me.

"Harry, I cant. I have to stay here. Judd might-"

"Presley you've been in that chair for days. I don't think you've been outside at all. C'mon, we won't be very long." I shook my head at him. He rolled his eyes and threw his head back. "Fine, I'll just have to carry you."

He reached down and swiftly threw me over his shoulder. "What? Harry stop! You can't carry me!" I yelped at him.