Chapter 30

I placed another grape in my mouth as I watched the blonde-haired boy pace back and forth in front of my tv. He had arrived here about a half an hour ago, and hasn't stopped talking since. "And I know the I love Brynn, but as soon as I saw Alana, gosh those feelings just came back. I mean Brynn hasn't spoken to me in days, I don't know what's happened."

I put another grape in my mouth as he took a deep breath and continued. "And I read this quote from Johnny Depp and it said 'If you love two people at the same time, choose the second. Because if you really loved the first one, you wouldn't have fallen for the second.'" Niall said.

I raised my eyebrows, impressed that he had that quote memorized. He looked at me and I nodded to show that I was still listening to his rambling.

He ran a hand through his blonde hair. "Oh Presley, I probably sound like such a girl right now, I just don't know what to do!" His eyes watered and I could tell that he was going to cry. I set my bag of grapes down and opened my arms, showing that he could cry on me. He immediately engulfed me in a hug, his tears staining my shirt. I ran my fingers across his forehead in a soothing manner. This was definitely a first for me.

"Niall," I said and he raised his head. "Do the other boys know you're here?" I said quietly, trying to change the subject.

He sniffed and wiped his nose. "No, should they?"

I nodded. "They're probably worried about you. Do you have your phone with you?"

He shook his head. "I kind of just left. I didn't want to talk to anybody and you're the only one I know that can help me."

"Niall, don't you think they should know where you are? They're probably really worried about you by now. I bet even Brynn's worried.

"I don't care. I don't care if she's worried or not, she hasn't cared about me in three days. This is the longest we've gone without talking to each other." He buried his face in my neck.

"Niall, I can assure you that she does care. I don't know why she hasn't talked to you, but I promise she will. If not, then maybe you guys aren't meant to be."

He lifted his head. "Are you saying I should break up with her?"

"That's completely up to you." I answered.

"Ugh this is too hard! Can I just go to bed?" He asked.

"Uh. . ." I said, not sure how to answer him. "Maybe you shouldn't go to bed here. . ."

He laughed and rolled over, sitting right next to me. "Presley?" He asked.

"Yeah?"

"Thank you, for listening and being a great best friend." This was news to me, I didn't know we were best friends.

"You can talk to me about anything, at anytime, Niall." He looked over and smiled at me.