Chapter 43

"So did you actually want to become an actress? Or was that just kind of a 'spur of the moment' kind of job?" Harry asked. My head was laying on his chest as we both stared up at the stars. I couldn't remember what time we got here at, but it had to be almost morning. We had watched a few movies, but eventually got bored and were now asking each other random questions.

"Hm, that's a hard one. No actually, I did not want to become an actress at all. I really want to be a school counselor, as weird as it sounds." I said, kind of laughing at myself. Being a school counselor really wasn't the ideal job, but it was something I always wanted to do.

"I did not have you pinned as someone who would want that occupation." He said, chuckling a bit. "Is there a reason behind that?" He asked.

"Yes, actually." I said, my mind reeling back to the quiet girl in my Spanish class. "There was this girl in one of my classes, who was super quiet and nobody really bothered to talk to her. All I knew about her was that her brother was in jail and her parents were getting a divorce, not to mention that her little brother had some mental illnesses. One day, she just stopped showing up to school. Everyone was afraid that she had committed suicide. Our school counselor told everybody that she was fine, but just needed to stay home for a little while. Alana and I decide that we should go over to he house and talk to her." I explained to Harry, who was intently listening. "When we got there, she let us in. Her parents weren't there and she was home alone. We asked her if she was okay and if she needed anything. She told us that she was okay and she just wanted us to listen. She explained that due to her circumstances at home, she had considered committing suicide. She went to talk to the school counselor, to tell her that she didn't want her to tell anybody that she had committed suicide, and that she just died in her sleep. She said that the counselor started crying and told her not to do it. She gave her a list of reasons why she should be alive. My school counselor literally saved her life, and I really hope I can save someone's life like she did." I finished my long story. Harry was speechless.

"Wow." He whispered.

"Yeah." We were both quiet, listening to the sounds if crickets and other bugs making their usual sounds.

"So," Harry started. "I'm guessing you saw those articles, about you and those dudes." Harry said, making my heart drop.

"Um yeah, I did." I said.

"So do you want to talk about it?" Harry asked. I sat up off of him. He sat up too so we were now both face to face.

"What's there to talk about? There's nothing going on." I said, sounding a bit harsh and defensive.

"Yes there is. I know there's nothing going on I just want to make sure you're okay." He said.

"Of course I'm okay." I said.

"Okay, but if there was anything anything going on, you would tell me, right?" He asked. A lump rose in throat.

"Are you suggesting that something might be going on?" I asked, my voice shaking.