Chapter 2

"Last day of school! Last day of school!" My little brother chants as he tromps down the stairs.

"Calm down, dippy, you've gotta eat first." Stevie says. Yep, best aunt in the world right there. I laugh and put a toaster strudel in the toaster. The sound of the phone ringing in the other room, cuts through the silence in the kitchen.

"I've got it," Stevie says, setting her toast down, before walking into the other room."Presley! It's for you!" I scrunch my eybrows together before metting her in the other room. By the look she gies me, it can't be good.

"Hello?" I say

"Presley?" I rocognize the voice on the other end as my mom.

"Yeah it's me."

"Presley sweetie, I'm so sorry. We aren't going to be able to make it to your graduation. We just got our big break and I think this is something extremely important to write about. Please don't be mad. I'm sure we can try and make it for your birthday." She says, using pretty much the same line she uses everytime.

I sigh and roll my eyes."It's fine mom, really. Stevie's got it covered. I've got to go to school now. Love you, bye." I hang up. They always do this. They say they're going to make it, but always end up getting their 'big break'. They missed my sweet sixteen and my seventeenth birthday. I bet they're going to miss my eighteenth too. Thankfully that isn't until July and its only May.

"Can't make it again?" Stevie asks and I nod. I grab my toaster strudel and sling my bag over my shoulder. "Ready, bud?" I ask Judd.

"Yeah." He said with a mouthful of cereal. He grabs his shoes and run out to my car.

"Are you okay?" Stevie asks and I nod.

"See you after school?" I ask Stevie.

"Yep! Don't worry, I'll be packing your bags for Disneyland. As long as you get me something."

"You're the best." I smile, giving her a hug. "See ya!" I say as I run out the door.

I start my car and drive down the familiar road to Alana's. She is walking out her door just as I pull up.

"Yooooo!" I yell out the passenger window. She laughs and gets in the car. We drop Judd off at his school and pull up in front of ours, living in small town Oregon, there aren't too many students. But there are enough. Some of which I would like to high five, in the face, with a chair. You get what I mean.

"You ready to finish this place?" I ask.

"Let's get started." Alana answers.

****

I feels like I'm on High School Musical 2. Where everyone is waiting for the final bell to ring so we can finally be free, in my case, for the rest of my life. 3 seconds. 2 seconds. 1 second. There it was. The final bell. I hurry out of my classroom as fast as I can to find Alana. We have exactly 2 hours to kill until we had to be at the school again.

"There you are!" She screams, pushing through students.

"Are you gonna go do something or what?" I asks

"Like, ohemgee, can we go get our nails and hair done?" She says, obnoxiously.

"Sounds like a plan." I link arms with her and together we skip, literally, out of the school.

We pull up the best salon and pedicure place in town. Alana gets her hair curled where as I get mine three-barreled. We both look stunning as we look in the mirror. A plump woman behind the counter does both of our nails too. All together we looked like we were going to prom, minus the fancy dresses.