Chapter 25

My eyes fluttered open, spotting the curly haired boy laying next to me. He lay motionless next to me, peacefully sleeping. It was pitch black outside, indicating that it was not yet time to wake up. I carefully removed his arm from my waist and slowly rolled off the couch, hitting the floor with a small thud. I slowly peeked over the top of the cushion, hoping to not have woken him up. He laid still, not moving an inch. I quickly climbed off the floor and tip-toed to my room. I pulled off the covers and slid into them. I felt bad for leaving Harry, but I don't know where we stand as a couple, and I don't want to wake up with his arm around my stomach when we are supposed to be just friends.

I gulped at the thought. We obviously like each other, we just don't want to get back together in fear of losing each other again. In all honesty, I was on no place for a relationship. With all the stress from work, and Judd being sick, I don't know if I can handle it. Right now, all I want is Judd. Before Stevie, Judd and I left for this trip, Stevie told me that Judd had to hurry back, because he can't stay out of the hospital for too long.

I know that Judd is really sick, and I know that there's nothing I can do to help him. And that scares me more than anything.

*****

I woke to a warm arm sliding around my waist, and lips pressing to my cheek. At first I thought I was getting raped, and I was about to go into defense made and punch whoever was touching and kissing me. "Where'd you go?" Harry asked, and I calmed a bit. "I woke up and you were gone."

"Sorry," I said turning to face him. "I missed my bed, and the couch was very uncomfortable." I lied.

He smirked at my answer. He looked into my eyes, sensing that something was bothering me. "What's wrong?" He whispered.

I closed my eyes. "Nothing." I whispered back. He wasn't convinced. He pulled my closer and pressed his lips to my forehead.

"Is this about the whole Alexander watching over you crap last night?" He asked. I kept my eyes shut and held myself back from shuddering.

"No, Harry. Really I'm fine" Harry rested his cheek on the top of my head and spoke in a low voice.

"Don't listen to him Presley. You're perfect." He said, but I wasn't convinced. I opened my eyes, staring into his.

"Eh, I could always lose a little weight."

"No." Harry said, raising his voice a bit higher. "You don't at all. You're just fine the way you are. That stupid man doesn't know what he's talking about."

I needed to change the subject. Just do it Presley, I thought, just tell him that you want to be more than friends just- "Harry, what are we?" I asked. Okay that was not at all what I was going to say.

He looked a bit taken back. "What?"

"What are we? I really like you Harry. But I feel like you don't like me back. And if you don't then I don't even want to try anymore." I said a bit too fast.