Chapter 26

I moved the toothbrush once more around my front teeth and spit into the sink. There were bags under my eyes, indicating that I hadn't gotten much sleep last night. After my little scene with Harry this morning, I had gotten even more exhausted.

I ran my fingers through my freshly curled hair and stepped out of my bathroom. It was a warm outside, which I wasn't used to, because it was January. In about two hours, the Clippers game starts and Stevie, Judd an I will be sitting fairly close to the court. I was really excited, but kind of nervous. I'm not sure how Judd's body is going to react. I doubt he's going to pass out or anything, but I still worry.

I threw on some shorts that came about mid-thigh and Harry's hoodie. The scent of him made my heart ache. After I kissed him in the bathroom this morning, we talked and decided that it would be best if we stay friends until I can get my life worked out.

"I really love you Harry, but this is all too much." I said to him earlier, as he was about to walk out the door. I was close to tears, I was mad that I was doing this to both him and myself.

He noticed the tears in my eyes and quickly pulled me into his embrace. "Don't cry, it's going to be alright. I love you too, and nothing is going to keep me from being with you someday." He said, and I believed him. He kissed the top of my head and turned, walking out my door.

My hearts aches for him still. I wish I could have just let him kiss me and tell me that we can be together. Now as I stand here in his hoodie, I realize that that is a better option than what we chose to do. I shook the thoughts out of my head and grabbed my bag, stuffing my phone into it. I slipped on my black Toms and shut off the lights, shutting my door behind me.

It wasn't a very far walk to the hotel that Stevie and Judd were staying in, I reached it in ten minutes. I knocked twice on their door, and I heard the puttering of footsteps getting closer, the door soon being opened to reveal a beaming Judd. He hugged me and pulled me into the room.

Stevie stood the kitchen, putting earrings in. "Is this too dressy?" She asked, and I examined her. She had jeans and a floral top on. I shook my head, considering the fact that I was in shorts and a hoodie.

"Not at all, you look stunning." I smiled at her. She breathed a sigh of relief and looked between Judd and myself.

"Ready to go?" She asked. We had planned to get dinner and then go to game. We both nodded and she smiled. I took Judd's hand and led him out the door, with Stevie in tow. We hailed a taxi and told the driver to take us to the nearest Café Rio. He nodded and started driving.

I played on my phone until we got there. I re-read some old text messages from Harry, ones that I had kept since the summer. They still have me butterflies in my stomach. I smiled as we pulled up to the restaurant.

*****

We pushed our way through a crowd of people, looking for our seats. A major portion of the crowd was already in the seats, waiting for the game to start. We finally located our seat and we sat down. Judd's legs were bouncing up and down with anticipation. "I'm so excited." He said and I laughed.