Chapter 24

I held tightly to Judd's hand as we stepped into the studio, with Stevie in tow. "I'll see you guys after the show, okay?" Judd nodded and Stevie led him to where the audience was getting seated. I waved to some of the sound-tech people as I made my way to my dressing room. I opened the door, seeing a pair of skinny jeans and a blouse sitting on the chair, waiting for me. I stepped in and closed the door. I walked past the clothes and into the bathroom, I splashed some water on my face before re-entering to change. I slipped off my sweats and started pulling on the jeans. I jumped around, trying to get them on. I sighed, knowing that they weren't coming on. I slipped off the jeans and checked the tag for the size. Size 3. Not my size. I put my sweats back on and opened the door.

"Uh, Madeline?" I said to our wardrobe designer. She turned around and smiled when she saw me. "Um, these aren't my size." As soon as the words left my mouth, Mr. Cook stepped in.

"Not your size?" He said. "What is your size?"

"I'm a size seven, not a three." I said, handing the pants to Madeline. She gladly took them and went to find a pair in my size.

"Have you been doing what I asked you to do, Presely?" Mr. Cook asked. I knew exactly what he meant. He wanted to know if I was trying to lose weight. In his eyes, you didn't lose weight from exercising, you lost it from not eating.

"Uh, yeah." I lied. "But maybe you should try altering the clothes, not the girl." I said, as Madeline came back with my pants. I took them out of her hand and walked back to my dressing room.

****

"I don't get why we have to interview her." Alexander said, as we stood on the side of the stage, waiting for our cue.

"Because she has a lot of money." I answered him. "Besides, maybe Mr. Cook is hoping he'll be able to hook up with her." The familiar music came, on, cueing us to go on stage.

Ten minutes later, we were listening to Kim Kardashian tell us all about the stuff she bought herself for Christmas. I propped my head up on my elbow an listened to her drone on and on.

Finally the interview was over. It didn't go as bad as it could, I guess. I just feel bad that the first live show that both Stevie and Judd attended, it was this one. "Good job Presley!" One of the stage managers said to me.

"Thanks!" I said, turning to see Stevie and Judd standing there. "Hey guys! Look I-" I started to apologize for bringing them to such an awkward show.

"That was so much fun!" Judd exclaimed. "You did so good!" He wrapped his skinny arms around me and I hugged him back.

"Did you have fun?" I asked Stevie.

"It was fun, but I could go without listening to Kim Kardashian talk about all the Prada bags she bought herself."

"Me too. That was probably the worst interview ever."