Chapter 35

Harry's P.O.V.

I ran my fingers through Presley's soft hair, taking in her scent. Her breathing was steady as we both sat in silence, the sound of the crickets singing the only noise. She stroked her fingers across my knuckles, giving my stomach butterflies. Yes, boys get butterflies too.

Some people may say it's weird that I get butterflies when I think about the girl laying in my arms right now, but that's what happens when you're in love. Suddenly all the jokes and all the people telling you that you're too young for love don't matter. When you're in love, nothing exists except you and you're love.

In the time that Presley and I have been back together, I've had fans come up to me and ask me: "Are you and Presley back together yet?" and I've been able to smile and say: "Yeah, we are." Some fans have been really supportive of mine and Presley's relationship. As far as I've seen, she hasn't gotten much hate, and when she does, she doesn't let it get to her.

"What are you thinking about?" Presley whispered, and I smiled.

I leaned down so my mouth was right next to her ear. "You." I whispered before leaning my head back. A blush crept onto her cheeks, her mouth spreading into a grin. "What are you thinking about?"

She didn't answer right away. "When I was a sophomore in high school," she started, and I realized that this must have been what she was thinking about. "I was getting really bad grades, and I wouldn't hand in homework and I got detention for the first, and only time. I don't know what was going on with me. It might have been that I was angry at my parents for not being home ever, and Stevie wasn't paying much attention to me or Judd because she had gotten a new boyfriend. Not to mention Alana had gone all Barbie on me, and wouldn't talk to me unless I was wearing pink. I had this crazy burst of adrenaline in one class and I got into a big fight with this other girl in my class and I got sent to the principal's office. He talked to me about how my grades were failing and how I really needed to pick up the pace, and I stood up and announced: "I'm quitting school, goodbye." And then I stood up and headed for the door." She stopped speaking and I waited for her to finish. "As I was walking towards the door I kept telling myself how stupid I was. When I put my hand on the doorknob, I stopped. I realized that I needed to take a step back and admit I was being ridiculous."

"Did your principal get mad at you?" I asked.

"Yes, but there is a reason behind this story. When we were broken up, or on our break or whatever that was, I got very lonely. All I wanted was to have you with me. To satisfy my loneliness, I turned to Alexander. After a while of me kind of using him, I took a step back and admitted that I was being ridiculous. I am so sorry Harry." She whispered the last part, burying her face in my chest. She stayed quiet probably waiting for me to flip out at her and get mad. But I couldn't, because I had done worse while we were on our break. I opened my mouth, ready to spill about what had happened over the break, but instead I just pulled her closer to me.

"Presley, it's okay. That's in the past now. We don't need to worry about any of that because we have right now." I soothed her.

"Are you sure? I'm so sorry, Harry."

"It's okay, I promise. I think we just need to move on now." She nodded and I rubbed her back, the guilt almost making me physically sick.