Chapter 46

Hunter on the side>>>>>

"Billy La Bufanda. . ." Hunter sings as he walks into my room. I am still curled up in the same position as I was when I was on the phone with Harry, but for some reason, I hadn't cried as much as I thought I would. I can feel an emptiness in my chest, and I know it's from him. But he said he would come back for me. "Hey what's wrong?" Hunter asks, dropping the chip he had in his hand to rush over to my bed.

I give him a look, not having the energy to talk, nonetheless ask him why he's still here. Gosh it's been a long day. I got home around three in the afternoon, Stevie came and didn't leave until about six, and now it's almost nine o' clock. I feel like it's two in the morning.

"Oh heck. He didn't, did he?" Hunter says, exasperated. Nothing he just said made sense. "He broke up with you?" he finally says and I nod, running a hand through my hair. I really should get a haircut, I've got some bad split ends.

My face twists into confusion at my random thought, but I shake it out of my head. "Yeah." I answer Hunter.

"Can I have permission to go find him and hit him with a chair?" Hunter asks, raising his hand like he's in school.

I chuckle and shake my head. "No, please don't do that."

"Well then what can I do?" He asks. Who is this kid? Why does he care about what's happening to me?

"Hunter, why do you care about what's happening to me?" I ask him and he smiles.

"Well. . .since you asked," he says, smirking. "I have grown quite fond of you." He is still smirking and I'm tempted to slap him. Before I could respond he starts laughing. "oh my gosh your face!" he continues laughing. "I'm kidding, I have a girlfriend back home."

"You're an idiot!" I say, a smile making its way onto my lips.

He starts laughing even harder. "Oh my gosh seriously, that was the funniest thing ever!" he keeps laughing and I resort to giving him a hard punch on the shoulder.

"Really! Why do you care?" I ask him once more.

He finishes laughing and takes a deep breath. "Well, you kind of remind me of my older sister. When her boyfriend broke up with her, she cried for days and days. When I asked her why he broke up with her, she said "Boys are stupid. They don't have feelings and they surely don't care for yours."  And then she went back to crying. I later found out that he got her best friend pregnant."

I widen my eyes at his words. I didn't know he had a sister. "I really do care, Presley. Somehow in all this mess, you've become my friend, and I'm not about to let you go through this alone."

***

"Presley," Hunter whispers. I'm about ready to go out into the hall where he is and punch him in the face. "I'm hungry, but you don't have food." He whispers.

I roll over so my back is facing my door, where his head is poking in. "I do too have food."

"Not delicious food. Listen, I slept on the couch all night, the least you could do is have some good food."

"Oh my gosh Hunter, we stayed up until 3 a.m. watching movies, go get some food, and let me sleep." I say to him, sitting up to face him.

"Jeez, has anyone ever told you that you're moodyt in the morning?"