Chapter 37

Olivia's wide eyes bore into mine, neither of us breaking contact. "Why don't you take a seat next to Patrick?" Mr. Cook said to her. Her eyes left mine and she did as she was told. I looked down into my lap, hoping Alana wouldn't speak up. 

"Isn't that the girl that Harry kissed at the basketball game?" Alana whispered just loud enough for me to hear. I slowly turned my head to her and nodded. "I'm guessing there's going to be a catfight after this is over?" She whispered.

I let out a small smile before shaking my head. "No, there isn't I'm just going to forgive and forget-" 

"Ms. Davis and Ms. Baker, please pay attention!" Mr. Cook interuppted us. We both said sorry before I sent Alana a look that read 'We'll talk later'. "Now as I was saying," Mr. Cook continued talking.

The meeting dragged on, seeming to take hours. I didn't pay attention to any of it., to be honest. "Does everyone got that?" Mr. Cook asked. People around the room, including Alana and I, nodded their heads. "Great! We start filming in three days! Hopefully you have you scripts, but before you leave, I want all of you to get to know each other a bit. I'm throwing a party tomorrow night and I expect you all to be there! See you then!" He said, clapping his hands together. We all rose out of our seats, grabbing our stuff and proceeding to the door. I admired the Sharpie tatoo I had drawn on my arm during the meeting, almost running into someone walking out the door.

"Sorry." I said, looking up the meet Olivia's eyes. I sent a small smile her way before exiting out the door.

****

I turned down the radio, making Alana scrunch up he nose at me. "What was that for? That was a good song!"

"I know what you're doing! " I said, pointing a finger at her while still manging to drive. She raised an eyebrow, not knowing what I was getting at."You're starting to get depressed, because Niall's gone!" She stared at me with a blank expression. "I can tell by the way you're not talking and how you're turned the radio up loud enough that people in Hawaii can hear it."

She stared at me for a second longer before slumping her shoulders. "You're right. I'm not sure how you manage to do this." I smiled grimly before pulling off on the nearest exit. 

"Don't worry, I know how we'll get through this."

****

"I don't get it." Alana said as we stood in front of rows of differnt candies in the candy isle.

"Go ahead, pick three." I said, motioning to the candies.

"I don't really see how this is going to help."

"Just pick some!" I whined. She did as she was told and put them in the basket of fattening foods I was holding. Next, I led her to the sodas, letting her pick out two. Again, she placed them in the basket , giving me another weird look. 

I got into a check-out line, the chashier giving me a similar look to Alana's. After all of our stuff was in bags, we went and got back in the car. Alana held the bags as I pulled back onto the freeway, heading toward my house.