Chapter 17

November 19, 2012

"So you finally unpacked your last box?" Harry asked over the phone, as I hung up the last of my clothes. Alexander and I ended up only moving in last week, instead of a couple weeks ago. Our million dollar apartments, courtesy of Mr. Cook, were being cleaned, or something like that.

"Yeah, just barely. Now I just need to organize everything!" I said, balancing the phone between my cheek and my shoulder.

"How's LA been so far?"

"Amazing. We start recording our first show in about an hour or so."

"So I should probably let you go now?"

"Probably."

"Alright, Bye Pres, love you." He said sadly into the phone.

"Love you too." I hung up and walked into my darkened kitchen. The world outside my window was dark, the lights from the city being the only light left. I grabbed a cookie before walking into my bathroom. I set my phone and my cookie down and shut the door to the toilet.

I emerged from the toilet, noticing that both my phone and my cookie were gone off the counter. I washed my hands and walked back into my living room. The sounds of Home Alone filled my apartment. I knew that I didn't turn that on. I walked out to find Alexander sitting on my couch, flicking through my phone, and finishing off my cookie.

"Ooh, I love you more." He read in a high pitched voice. I lunged for my phone, also jabbing Alexander in the eye. "Ow." He said, rubbing it.

I took a seat next to him on the couch, having finally retrieved my phone. "How'd you even get in here?" He held up a small key, one to my apartment. "Where'd you get that?"

"Mr. Cook." He simply replied.

"Why did he give you a key to my apartment? I asked in disbelief. He just shrugged in response.

We remained quiet for the next ten minutes of the movie. We had be having frequent movie nights, since he was my neighbor...and co-host.

"Me and Laura broke up." He said, breaking the silence.

My mind flashed back to the movie night we had two days ago. We were watching The Hunger Games, and he could'nt wait to show me Laura. The camera only went onto her for a brief second, but in that second he was as giddy as a little girl. He was smiling for the rest of the movie, while I was happy, in tears, and frightened at the same time.

"Why?" Was all I replied with.

"She couldn't take it. The pressure, not seeing me that often, all of it."

We both stayed silent. "I'm sorry, Alexander."