Sharing Happiness

I hope you all have a wonderful New year.

3rd Person POV

"Awww you're having twins." Callie is sobbing as she rushes to her person hugging her.

"Congratulations Mark." Derek says to Mark who is beaming.

"Aww, you and Mer are going to be bump buddies!" April declares.

"Uh..." Gen gives April a look.

"What? You have to admit it's a cute name." April defends her choice.

"It's a very cute name for us April." Meredith assures their friend.

"How long have you two known?" Arizona asks. Mark comes over passing Davina over to Gen.

"Well, I'm just now 9 weeks, and...we just wanted to be sure before we told anyone." Gen explains to their friends.

"We are very happy for you both." Bailey says with joy in her voice.

"We know that...it's been a hard year for everyone and it's only going to get harder but no matter what. All of you are our family with who we want to share the good and bad with." Mark states to everyone.

"Well, I think I speak for everyone when I say this." Richard comes forward getting everyone to look at him. "We are grateful that your little family is in our lives. And we can't wait to see it grow. To Gen and Mark and their ever-expanding beautiful family. May you have continued love and happiness."

"I'll second that." Derek adds.

"Me too." All of their friends cheer them on.

"Okay remember the race is whoever can slide down first into the ball pit and collect three of the same color balls line up at the dodge ball line and then you duke it out for the winner." Gen explains to Cristina, Alex, Derek, Owen, Mark, Bailey, April, Callie, and Arizona.

"Are you sure you want to do this?" Callie asks Arizona.

"Oh because I have one leg you think I can't beat you?" Arizona challenges.

"No, I just don't want you to cry when I win." Callie bates Arizona.

"Shut up both of you. I'm going to win." Alex interrupts.

"Okay get ready and go!" Meredith and Gen yell and the contestants go running

"This is a childish game." Catherine comments coming to stand by Meredith and Gen.

"Oh, but look at them run." Richard comes over enjoying the sight before them. "They need to get all of this energy out and it's just fun to watch Derek fall on his face."

"Oh, I love that too." Gen adds.

"But his hair still looks perfect." Meredith comments.

"Oooh." They all wince as Alex, Derek, Mark, and Owen collide with each other coming down the slide.

"HA!" Bailey yells as she overtakes them and grabs her balls for dodgeball.

"Bailey is a beast." Gen comments.

"Look at Cristina." Meredith points to their friend who is still struggling to get up the slide. They can't help but laugh.

"Oh laugh at me now. I'm a little drunk." Cristina informs everyone.

"Mama, what does drunk me?" Theo asks.

"Oh, it's just state you will not be in ever until you're fifty." Gen says to her son.

"Ma!" Davina cries out upset.

"Oh, I'm going to put her down for her nap." Gen informs everyone.