Silence is Torture

Here is another update which means we're getting closer to the boards chapters!!!

"I can't believe you went behind my back to do that surgery! I told you that it was..."

"Yes, you told me as interim chief that this surgery was unnecessary and Mr. Patterson was going back on the transplant list but Mark you failed to see the benefit outweighs the possibility of failure. Y..."

"I was thinking. Just because you're going to be triple board certified. You are not invincible."

"And I've never said I was! But what the hell is with you men who become chief and lose all sense of adventure. You came back into my life trying to reconstruct a kid's face who you had no business treating but you did it anyway. You dared to do the impossible..."

"That case failed. The kid died..."

"But you still tired. He was facing death either way but you gave him a chance." I remind him. "Mark...becoming Chief is a big responsibility but it doesn't mean you stop having an imagination."

"You went against me!"

"Because you were wrong. I love you Mark but I expect you to do the same for me when I need to be reminded I'm not thinking clearly."

"I...I don't understand you sometimes I..." I silence Mark with a kiss.

"We haven't had an argument for a long time. We were due for another one." I whisper against his lips. "I love you, Mark. You were an amazing Chief for the day. You are an amazing father, husband, doctor, and...I am lucky to be loved by you and...I'm sorry for going behind your back. That was wrong of me."

"I always dreamed of being Chief and I had it for the day and it was...it was wonderful. But..."

"Having power doesn't make you happy. Webber gave up so much in life so he could be Chief." I remind him. "A life with his wife who he's making up for it now. I wouldn't want that for us."

"I'm glad the surgery worked and...I wished I could have seen it as a possibility."

"Come here." I pull Mark by the tie.

"What are you doing?" Mark asks me.

"I'm showing Chief Sloan a good time." I wink at him.

"Oh really?" Mark is loving this as I latch my lip on his as I slowly undo his shirt.

"You've had a long day Chief. Let me relax you." I tease Mark.

__________________________________I'm deep asleep when my phone goes off

I'm deep asleep when my phone goes off. I ignore it but it keeps ringing. I reach blindly in the dark for it. "Hello?" I answer groggily.

"Gen." I sit up hearing Meredith's voice. "It's Cristina she...she needs us." That's all I needed to get drive over to pick Meredith up and we head over to Cristina's.