Observe and Report

Enjoy this fun update and I loved writing Gen so much.

3rd Person POV What/If Part 2

The residents glare at Dr. Yang as she practices suturing at lunch. "How many aortic aneurysms has she actually done?" Meredith asks her fiancé Alex.

"Two...in the hospital. She's probably done more at home on cats." Alex jokes back making Jackson and April laugh.

"Hey, does she eat with anyone, ever?" Jackson asks. Everyone shakes their head.

"No." April chimes in. "That's what happens to you when you screw an attending. You're a pariah."

"Unlike your approach of just never having sex with anybody." Jackson teases April.

"No virgin jokes." Meredith stands up for her person.

"Thank you."

"Her and Preston Burke? Really?" Jackson questioning thinking about Yang and the attending that was forced to leave because of her.

"And apparently, it was so scary for him, he actually had to leave the state." Meredith adds.

"I always say, never mess with crazy chicks." Alex jokes. "She's probably gonna go full-on Izzie one day and shoot up the hospital."

"What's Izzie?" Jackson asks for clarification.

"Oh, it means crazy." Alex clarifies.

"She was a girl in our class who was sleeping with a patient. And then she stole a transplant heart for him." Meredith explains.

"What?"

"Until Meredith turned her into her mom and got her fired." Alex boasts about his fiancé.

"Oh, my god, Mer, you're so brave." April compliments Meredith.

"Hold on a second. How many people washed out your year?" Jackson asks.

"Uh, two. Uh, her, and O'Malley. 007. He, uh, failed his intern exam and was never seen again." Alex explains.

"Hello." Gen Benoist walks up to the table of residents who look at her confused.

"Uh...hi are you lost?" Jackson asks her.

"Hi my name is Gen and I was hired by Dr. Grey to get a feeling about how this hospital is being run. And to give her feedback. Is there anything that you can think of that you wish you had more of or wish you could change?" Gen stands up tall in her heels and expensive dress, making the residents feel intimidated.

"My mother hired you?" Meredith questions.

"Oh yes, you're Dr. Grey's daughter. She told me about you."

"I hope all good things." Meredith smiles.

"Yes, Mer is the best of us all. She is awesome." April joins in complimenting her best friend.

"I like to be the judge of that." Gen cuts them all off making them feel more insecure.

"Excu..."

"Now from the two surgeries, I have observed it does seem this hospital is need of more adequate lighting. It's honestly questionable how you surgeons get anything done."

"Hi." Alex stands up extending his hand to Gen to shake. She does but makes his wince from how strong her shake is. "I'm Alex Karev. Chief Resident and...I can say this hospital is amazing. Chief Grey makes this the best place to work and learn to..."

"But do you want more? Are you dying to do more as soon to be attendings? Board-certified doctors who..." Gen types on her tablet. "Still seem to do intern work."