Plane Crashes and Lost Husbands

Be prepared for emotional chapters after this one. It is going to rock all of your worlds.

3rd Person POV

Meredith and Gen enter the E.R. and see carnage everywhere. People are screaming in pain as bones are being reset. It takes them right back to the crash, and the strangers around them just continue to look like their fellow friends who suffered like they did. "I need you to be still." Richard can be heard telling a patient. Meredith and Gen still stand there still as they are going into a cold sweat. "Wilson, I need a little help here." They look around. Meredith remembers pulling a part of the plane shrapnel from her leg and crying for Derek, who she couldn't find for the longest time. All Gen can hear is the banging of a seat belt on the back part of the plane as they were searching for Lexie. Arizona's screams are embedded into their mind, as well as Cristina yelling, shut up to everyone.

"Grey. Benoist." Owen brings them out of their train of thoughts. "We need a hand."

"I flew a plane. I had the controls in my hands." The patient who is being wheeled in on the stretcher explains. "I don't know how to fly a plane, and I flew a freaking plane!" Hearing all of this takes Meredith back to Cristina, explaining that they were in a plane and it crashed.

"Are you the pilot?" One of the paramedics asks the woman.

"No, no, Sam. Sam's the pilot. Where is he?" She asks, trying to move her head but is unable to due to the collar around her stabilizing her neck. "Where is Sam?" For the first time since their intern year, Meredith and Gen are frozen and don't know what to do during a massive trauma. "Oh God, Sam."

"Transfer her on my count. One, two, three." Owen instructs. "I need a trauma panel, C-Spine, chest, and pelvis." Gen and Meredith jump in even though they feel like running. "Edwards, grab the ultrasound."

"He had a heart attack or something. Something happened to him, and I had to try." The woman explains to the team. Gen checks her pupils while Meredith starts to get a line in. "I had to try to land the plane."

"Visualize the paracolic gutter." Owen tells Stephanie.

"Um, what's your name?" Meredith asks the patient as Gen moves on to checking for obvious broken bones.

"Kate." She answers.

"Okay, Kate.'

"Yeah."

"We're gonna find your husband, but first, we're gonna take care of you." Meredith tells Kate.

"Make sure you check for fluid in Morrison's pouch." Owen reminds Stephanie.

"He's not my husband. It was a...it was a date." Kate corrects.

"Smaller movements." Gen tells Stephanie.

"It was a first date from that site you where you put down want kind of date you want to go on." Kate explains herself. "And then you meet the person, and then you go do it."

"What about that?" Stephanie asks Owen.

"Yeah, I see it." He confirms with her.

"We're almost done here." Stephanie assures Kate.

"I've been on a bunch of those dates, and it's always bowling or something that sounds fun but then turns out to be dumb." Gen and Meredith both step back as they are about to break. "This guy...this guy's like, let's go up in my plane. And I'm like, why not?" Kate continues to detail the date to everyone.

"Grey, over here." Owen instructs Meredith to move the wand.

"And it was perfect. He turned out to be nice and funny. And we were up in the sky, and I've never felt like that before. Not even with guys I've been out with a bunch. He's amazing. He's...is he gonna be okay? I just like...I don't want to lose him. I just found him. I just found him." Flashes of their horror in the woods keeps flashing through their eyes, distracting them.