Who's Side Are you On?

Here's the conclusion to the custody battle.

Gen's POV

"You work with Dr. Torres and Robbins, correct?" Callie's lawyer talks to me.

"Yes. I have worked with them for almost a decade." I answer.

"So you have close bonds with them."

"I do."

"Who would you say you have the strongest relationship with?"

"Callie." I answer honestly. She nods her head and smirks.

"And this close relationship with Dr. Torres is because why?"

"She was my mentor and guided me into loving ortho as a specialty. We've been through a lot together, and she is one of my best friends."

"And the godmother to one of your children."

"Yes. Callie is."

"In fact, she helped you get your son Theo." I tense as she brings him up.

"She was there when we brought him home." I confirm.

"So you're loyalties lie more towards Dr. Torres."

"You could say that." I have a coldness in my voice.

"Why I'm asking you these questions, Dr. Benoist, is to determine who is the better mother for Sofia."

"The questions you're asking me isn't directed towards Sofia; it's about my loyalty." I fire back.

"It's a simple question, Dr. Benoist."

"So then ask me a relevant one in regards to my goddaughter." I fire back.

"Dr. Benoist." Judge Kane warns me.

"My apologizes, Your Honor."

"Have you ever got into an altercation with Dr. Robbins?" I look back at the lawyer.

"Yes."

"To the point that you and I quote smacked her prosthetic leg with an I.V. pole for cheating on Dr. Torres."

"Yes. And I do not regret it."

"Excuse me?" Judge Kane asks me.

"Dr. Robbins' cheating was wrong. I told her she was wrong. We worked out our issues."

"But you've never had issues with Callie." Carpio asks me. "She has been there for you through everything."

"Yes."

"So, in your opinion, the better mother for Sofia is..."

"I'll stop you right there." I cut her off.

"Dr. Benoist."

"I have been on this stand for thirty minutes, and you've grilled me on my loyalties, my past altercations with Dr. Robbins if Dr. Torres has been there for me, but you have yet to ask me about what's best for Sofia."

"I am now. I'm asking..."

"You're asking me to choose sides."

"Well, that..."

"You implied earlier that Dr. Robbins came into this relationship as Sofia's mother after the fact, and Sofia's last name does not match hers."

"Those are just facts, Dr. Benoist."

"Facts that you are turning into an accusation that Dr. Robbins is not a fit mother."

"Isn't that what you think? I, for one, wouldn't attack someone..."