Co-Surgery and News

Thank you for the support on my last few chapters. I hope you all enjoy this update.

Lexie's POV

"The Coopers are my patients back in New York

"The Coopers are my patients back in New York." I start off by explaining to everyone. I performed minor reconstructive surgery to improve their lives, but now it's come to a point they need to be separated."

"And you brought them here because we've done so many of them. That we're getting good at it." Derek adds.

"But this one is harder because it specifically involves the brain." I remind everyone.

"Which is why there are three neurosurgeons." Amelia announces.

"I only needed a second surgeon." I argue.

"Well, now you get two of us." Amelia argues.

"I barely can handle on Shepherd, let alone two." I mutter.

"Are you two ready for this?" Derek asks us.

"Third time. Yeah." Amelia and I answer him.

"Just saying this is a very big surgery."

"And just a reminder, I brought you in on this, Derek, and I can easily take you off it." I threaten him.

"Lexie, I am the Chief of Neuro." He reminds me like that is the end of the argument.

"And these are my patients. I know their history more than anyone, and I brought you on to this case, and I can remove you. You are my assist. Not lead surgeon." I remind him, and Amelia starts to chuckle.

"I love this. No one ever does this to him. I love...I love you." She declares.

"Uh, thank you." I reply back.

"Dr. Grey." Annie greets me.

"Hi, Dr. Grey." Liz follows.

"Dr. Kenzie, so nice to see you again." I greet the girl's doctor and now turned family member.

"Dr. Grey, it is always a pleasure." Dr. Kenzie turns to face the Shepherd's. "The girl's pediatrician." He introduces himself.

"But for the record, we're 25, and he's no longer our doctor. He's more like out..."

"Groupie." Annie finishes for Liz.

"I was gonna say, family." Liz clarifies. "Our mom died a few years ago, and since then, he's really been..."

"There for us."

"Well, it's nice to meet you both finally. Dr. Grey has only said wonderful things about you both." Derek says.

"We love Dr. Grey. She gave us amazing improvement with the surgery she performed." Annie explains.

"Well, I would hope so. I taught her very well." Derek boasts about himself. "I'm Dr. Shepherd." He introduces.