Surprise

This will be a heartwarming chapter that I know you will all love.

3rd Person POV

"Okay um wow this is a nice house." Jackson comments as he looks around Mark and Gen's home.

"They really bought this big of a house?" Cristina comments.

"They want a big family." Meredith reminds her.

"I think it's beautiful. And the little carnival in the backyard is so much fun. There's a cotton candy machine that makes it into flowers." April exclaims to everyone.

"Give me some." Lexie reaches for the cotton candy but April pulls it away.

"I waited twenty minutes for this." April states to her making sure to keep the cotton candy from Lexie's grasp.

"Sharing is caring." Lexie reaches for it again but misses.

"Did you hear Derek has patients lining up to the study. He even had to turn some away." Meredith boasts about Derek's trial beginning.

"You're just happy he's going to let you on the case because you're married to the dude." Alex fires at her.

"I'll be on the case because I'm the best not because of marriage. Because I am the best." Meredith is confident in her abilities.

"Oh hey did you see the magician?" Arizona comes over to greet everyone and they look at her weirdly.

"Uh...what...why..." Lexie is lost for words to explain what she is trying to say. The whole hospital knows about Arizona and Callie being on the outs and since Gen is Callie's person it's weird that Arizona would be at the housewarming party.

"Mark and Gen invited everyone from the hospital and I do work at the hospital." Arizona explains.

"Didn't she tell you that she wanted to punch you in the face and possibly run you over with her car?" Alex reminds Arizona.

"Hush Karev. Gen and I are...we're moving forward. I got her and Mark an amazing housewarming gift."

"We were supposed to give her a gift?" Lexie interrupts.

"Yes." Everyone responds to her.

"How did you not know that?" Meredith asks her sister.

"I just...I forgot to uh..."

"Dude even I got her a gift." Alex states to Lexie.

"Well, she's your best friend and...can I like join anyone's gift until I get her a real one?" Lexie begs her friends.

"No I need this gift to show Gen how committed I am to being the best to Callie. So no Grey." Arizona shuts Lexie down.

"I would let you but Owen picked it out and I have no idea what it is." Cristina exclaims.

"Nice real nice." Lexie is frustrated now.

"How could you forget? That's basic etiquette to bring a gift to a housewarming party." Jackson scolds Lexie.

"I have been working 70 hour weeks and...it's exhausting okay. So sue me for forgetting...what did you guys get her?"

"I know Gen doesn't cook but I got her this subscription that sends you recipes for a whole month and you can make them. All of the ingredients are measured out and you just follow the instructions." April explains with a smile. "And I made her a pie. Because she loves pie."

"I hate you." Lexie says to April.

"I got her the biggest bottle of tequila I could find and matching shot glasses." Meredith explains. "Nothing says home like tequila."