Self Doubt

I love reading all of your comments. Thank you for the support.

Mark's POV

"Why are you dressed all fancy?" Jackson questions me.

"I'm a good-looking man Avery. This is how I look all the time." I argue.

"I...sir that...why are you wearing a suit? We have surgery today."

"I know that but I'm trying out different suits to see if they will look good on me today."

"Today?"

"It's Kepner's wedding Avery and my wife is the only original bridesmaid. I have to represent."

"I don't think that's..."

"So tell me which tie brings out the color of my eyes?" I hold up two options besides the one I'm already wearing.

"Sloa..." Avery bumps right into a very anxious and steam roller-wearing Kepner. "Wow, you look..."

"Always say something nice. Never negative." I whisper to him. He swats me away.

"Don't say I look nice." April orders him.

"Like a train wreck. But I can see where it's going."

"Avery!" I scold him. "That is no way to talk to a lady." I shake my head at him.

"What are you doing here?" He asks her as he keeps pushing me away from him as I try to make him more presentable.

"I'm hunting bridesmaids." April answers.

"Now is that a farm tradition?" Jackson asks and I smack him on the side of the head.

"Manners." I scold him.

"Are you gonna be there?"

"Of course I'm..." They both look at me and I stop. "I see you meant him not me." I mutter. Jackson doesn't give her an answer.

"All right. I totally understand if you're not. I just..."

"Do you want me to be there?" I perk up hearing him say this.

"Yes! Of course."

"Then I'll be there."

"Thank you." April lets out a sigh of relief.

"All right."

"Okay, oh wait..." They keep bumping into each other as Jackson tries to go in for a hug it's just sad. "You know what?"

"Oh, watch it.

"The hair..." She walks off without another word.

"Damn."

"Shut up..."

"No that I will not do."

"Mark th..."