Chimera Farewell

I loved this chapter and I hope you all enjoy it too.

Mark's POV

"You're leaving me?" I ask Derek hurt about this news

"I'm not leaving you, Mark. I'm taking the job at the N.I.H." He explains like it's no big deal.

"So you and Grey are just going to start a new life in D.C.?" Jackson questions as he lets Davina and Zola put makeup on him.

"It is the job of a lifetime. Meredith knows this, and it keeps our family together. Don't tell me none of you wouldn't do the same thing if it came to you?" Derek questions us.

"I don't know." Jackson scratches his head.

"More eyesado." Davian orders.

"More?" Jackson asks, and she nods her head. "Then let's put more." Jackson closes his eyes, and Davina puts more makeup on him.

"Avery, would you uproot you and Kepner for a job?" I ask my guy.

"I mean I..."

"That's not fair!" Alex yells. "He and Kepner could easily move."

"That is true. It is easier when it's just you and your spouse." Derek adds.

"Is it easier, Avery?" I question, knowing he has been keeping something from me for a while.

"Sloan." He gives me a warning, but I ignore it.

"Because if it were me, I would need to have long conversations with Gen. It needs to be mutually beneficial for both of us because we have kids. Kids make the difference." I emphasize, and Jackson just shakes his head.

"No moving." Zola tells Jackson.

"Well, since this will be one of our last nights together. I...April and I are expecting." Jackson announces.

"HA! I knew it!" I shout, getting up and bringing my boy in for a hug.

"Dada, no!" Davina whines. "You messing up my makeup." She pouts.

"Sorry, angel." I bend down and kiss her.

"We haven't told that many people, but yeah, we're having a baby." Jackson says again, and I know he's so excited.

"Being a dad, it's..." I let out a laugh. I look around the room, seeing my kids playing with each other and having the best time. "It's the best thing."

"I will agree to that." Derek confirms. "I love my wife, but there is no comparison to the love you will have for your child."

"Yeah, well, I'm not adding to the parenting train." Alex says as he gets another beer.

"You and Wilson don't want kids?" Derek asks him.

"She's a resident." He answers.

"So?" Derek and I say together.