Board Seat and Votes

I hope you all enjoy this update and please leave your predictions for the future chapters.

Mark's POV

"Are we going to talk about it?"

"What?"

"You have been taking time off of work."

"Mark..."

"Come on, just tell me."

"Tell you what?" Gen questions me.

"You're throwing me a surprise party."

"What?"

"I know my birthday is not for a few months, but I know you're wanting to give me something nice. And I love surprise parties."

"You hate surprise parties." She reminds me. I snap my fingers.

"Exactly! See, you do know me."

"What are you asking me, Mark?"

"Is there a reason you've been taking off from work? Something I need to know." Gen stays silent. "Gen."

"Uh..."

"Guys, it's time." Lexie waves us over to the board room so we can vote on the new member of the board.

"This is not over." I say to Gen as I kiss her cheek. I take her hand in mine, and we take our seats. Bailey gave a riveting presentation, and so did Karev. Now it's come down to who we vote for. Who is the new member?

"Well, the only real choice is Bailey." Richard says.

"Says who?" Gen questions.

"Benoist, we know Karev is your guy. But Bailey has more experience and..."

"And what?" Gen stops Derek. "Theoretically speaking, if we're going just off experience, the only members of this board qualified would be Dr. Shepherd, Webber, Sloan, and Robbins. The rest of us do not have the experience to back up being a member of the board. But experience is not always a good thing."

"Are you saying you don't want Bailey on the board?" Robbins asks.

"I'm saying to take into consideration all of the things from each candidate." Gen says.

"She has a point." Avery speaks up in favor of Gen's statement.

"So, are you wanting Alex on the board?" Meredith asks.

"If he deserves it." Gen says.

"How do we decide if they deserve it?" Robbins asks.

"We list everything out. The good and the bad." Lexie suggests. "How they've handled stressful situations. Leadership and how well they communicate with others."

"I like it!" I clap for Little Grey. "I'll just say it. I respect the hell out of Bailey. Woman scares me to death." I admit to everyone.

"And Karev?" Robbins asks me.