Finding the Perfect Fit

I loved writing this chapter and I hope you all enjoy reading it.

"Okay, Cristina hasn't responded." Meredith informs me.

"Uh...well I understand if...she is still trying to cope."

"Yeah that housewarming party was...ooh it was...where was she the whole night?" Callie asks.

"Alex is still covering Stark's cases and can't make it so it's just the three of us." I state clapping my hands.

"Well uh...I'm not that good with clothes but I can tell you if it makes you look hideous." Meredith offers.

"And that's perfect."

"Did your sisters want to be involved in finding your dress?" Callie asks me.

"My sisters are far too opinionated for me to give them that call. Besides I want to find a dress and be done with it. Planning this wedding is already too much for me." I state as I look through the racks of dresses.

"Not even Maddie?" Callie asks me.

"She's in France right now visiting our grandparents. She's looking at some art pieces to bring back to her gallery." I explain to Callie. I find a dress and show them. "What about this one?" I ask and they shake their head.

"Oooh look at this one." Callie holds up a dress. "It has lace and would look good on you with the..."

"Callie." I look at the dress. "I have literally no boobs."

"Well, that...this dress could..."

"No Gen is right that dress would swallow her chest whole." Meredith comments.

"But I like the silhouette of the dress. Uh..."

"How are we doing here?" Wendy the saleswoman asks us.

"Do you have any dresses that are less uh...traditional looking?" I ask her.

"Uh...do you want..."

"I want a wedding dress that is beautiful but I don't want it to look like any other wedding dress." I explain to Wendy.

"Would you like to do a different color than white or silhouette?"

"You can do colored dresses?" Meredith asks.

"Yes, it has become very popular to do a color other than white. Makes the wedding that more unique."

"I'll see them." I state and Wendy leads us to the back.

"These are all wedding dresses?" Callie asks as we begin to look through some dresses.

"Yes, they are. Our customers usually like getting two dresses."

"Wow hold up Wendy." I stop her. "I am in here for just one dress. I am keeping myself on a budget and I can't be spending that on a..."

"Even if the dress looks like this?" Wendy holds up a dress.

"Shut the hell up!" I exclaim seeing the dress.

"This just came in. No one else has it." Wendy holds the dress out for me.

"It can't hurt to try it on." Callie whispers to me.

"You might not even look good in it." Meredith adds.

"Fine, I'll go try it on."

"The dress is going to look gorgeous on her." Callie whispers to Meredith.

"I know right."

"Okay uh...don't make any comments. I don't know if I'll like it." I call out to them as Wendy finishes zipping me into the dress.